Kodi - Debian - No passthrough
@Capslock If you update the Flatpak to the latest version (date 2024-04-14) Kodi is able to use PipeWire. To make pass through work you have to configure PipeWire as described in this commit message: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f675...77f429698a
That also works. Use ‘pwi-cli ls Node’ to find your output node id.
With the new WirePlumber config syntax it should look something like this:
Code:

monitor.alsa.rules = [
 {
   matches = [
     {
       node.name = "~alsa_output.*"
     }
   ]
   actions = {
     update-props = {
       iec958.codecs = [ "PCM", "DTS", "AC3", "EAC3", "TrueHD", "DTS-HD" ]
     }
   }
 }
]
Place the config in ~/.config/wireplumber/wireplumber.conf.d/51-alsa.conf
I don't have understand how i need to do... whit previous version never need to touch anythings. @Neo1973 i have received the last build and, on UBUNTU 22.04.4LTS a i have NO AUDIO AT ALL.

On setting the only choose i can select it's PIPEWIRE but i don't remember what it's selected here previously.

If it's need on same PC i can also have the old 20.2 by PPA (now archived) and in this version audio works whitout any issue.

How i need to do for reobtain the audio works ?

*EDIT*
From terminal i have tryed this:
Code:
diabolik@NUC-Ubuntu:~$ pw-cli ls Node
    id 28, type PipeWire:Interface:Node/3
         object.serial = "28"
         factory.id = "10"
         priority.driver = "20000"
         node.name = "Dummy-Driver"
    id 29, type PipeWire:Interface:Node/3
         object.serial = "29"
         factory.id = "10"
         priority.driver = "19000"
         node.name = "Freewheel-Driver"
diabolik@NUC-Ubuntu:~$
But i don't have the folder "wireplumber" on .config in my home. Damn... it's flatpak current 21 broken on ubuntu ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@DjDiabolik I don't have that folder either so I created one. Works perfectly after.

md -p ~/.config/wireplumber/wireplumber.conf.d
vi ~/.config/wireplumber/wireplumber.conf.d/51-alsa.conf
For Ubuntu 22.04 this unfortunately doesn't work because 22.04 has PipeWire running but doesn't use it for Audio. Instead it's still PulseAudio that is running the audio. Current Kodi can't handle this situation and uses PipeWire despite it's PulseAudio that is in charge of audio. With the upcoming Kodi 21.1 we therefore decided to default to PulseAudio instead of PipeWire (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/25019). This works for users of PulseAudio and PipeWire because PipeWire provides a PulseAudio compatibility layer (pipewire-pulse). PipeWire (audio) users will then have to opt-in to use the native PipeWire interface with --audio-backend=pipewire.

There is also https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/25043 that has the goal to keep native PipeWire the default for actual PipeWire users but I'm not yet sure if that will be part of the the Kodi 21 Omega release cycle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - Debian - No passthrough0