Linux New Media often not showing up
My Kodi is installed on Manjaro, updated with latest packages from package manager and its using two Raid QNAP drive systems over the network for the Movies and TV Shows. Lately I have been noticing that not all the new media I add to the drive will show up in Kodi. Updating and cleaning the database will not force them to show. If I go to Videos and find the network drive that the media is currently at I can see the files and play them but they will not show up properly in the categories sections of Kodi where they are supposed to be. The last time I noticed this happening I had to remove the drive share and re-add it and let the library build all over again, having to do this all the time is not a fix though.
~ Ryzen 5 5600G APU | 16gig Corsair | Fractal Node 500 | Manjaro Linux | Gyration MC remote | 43" Visio
Enable debugging and run a library update again.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Ok, here is a link to the log file.
logfile
~ Ryzen 5 5600G APU | 16gig Corsair | Fractal Node 500 | Manjaro Linux | Gyration MC remote | 43" Visio
the folder for Shameless is named incorrectly
Quote:using title of Shameless (U.S.) to find show

which of course does not exist at tmdb - https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?a...%28U.S.%29

use the naming guide from the wiki - https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

and make sure folders do not include extra information that can confuse the scraper
(2023-10-15, 17:50)izprtxqkft Wrote: the folder for Shameless is named incorrectly
Quote:using title of Shameless (U.S.) to find show

which of course does not exist at tmdb - https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?a...%28U.S.%29

use the naming guide from the wiki - https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

and make sure folders do not include extra information that can confuse the scraper

Well, I will make sure to rename that show but that is the least of my worries. I have 2124 movies in my collection and Kodi is only showing 1664 or something.
there is nothing like that reflected in your log

only 3 references to movies in total, 725, 726, 884 and all result in a skip due to no change (fasthash)

with that being the only available information the only recommendation would then be to disable the use of fasthash via advancedsettings.xml
- https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary
(2023-10-15, 19:12)izprtxqkft Wrote: there is nothing like that reflected in your log

This was the main reason why I created the post, as I don't understand why Kodi is having the issue in finding and sorting them. Its not about having errors in the naming. For the Shameless I would have realized pretty soon that I needed to take the periods out of the U.S..
I normally copy and paste the name of the movie or show straight from either moviedb or tvdb website and never have issue.
Its essentially just not seeing anything new appearing in the drive.
Like stated earlier its not that Kodi can't see the files, it won't add them to the library for some reason. If I go to the Videos section and see the smb share, I can navigate into the share and see the files located in it and play them from there but its not finding all new things and sorting them and putting them into Movies. It is not the that the share is added incorrectly either, been doing this a long time and I have the shares added properly and the movies are named properly its just that Kodi won't find them when using the Update Library feature.
I will looking into those things you stated in your reply above and see what I can make of them.
completely understandable but the only way for anyone on this forum to know whats happening on your system is with the log

when there is nothing in the log, there is no answer available

disabling fasthash will disable the 'skip' and the log should then contain errors that are not present when kodi is skipping folders

additionally - kodi may be incorrectly skipping causing the issue in the first place
Ok, I appreciate it. I will look into the fasthash option.
In Linux, where does the advancedsettings file go? Somewhere under the /home/<servername>/.kodi area or somewhere else? Website linked earlier just states the windows userdata folder.
(2023-10-15, 21:29)GrndZero Wrote: In Linux, where does the advancedsettings file go? Somewhere under the /home/<servername>/.kodi area or somewhere else? Website linked earlier just states the windows userdata folder.

~/.kodi/userdata/

reference - https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Thanks again.
Make sure the folders are setup in the library correctly. I've noticed, after upgrading versions, sometimes the folder content (settings -> Library -> Manage sources -> videos -> yourFolderTreeOfVideos) will be marked as 'none' instead of 'tv shows' or 'movies' like they should be. I would check the root of your folders and the folders of the videos that aren't being picked up by a scan. You could always delete your myVideos db files (/.kodi/userdata/Database) and re-scan your entire library if you don't want to check folders, but don't want to nuke the entire install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media often not showing up0