What settings is required to wake up a hibernated PC for scheduled recording?
Windows 11

PC is in hibernation.  What setting is required to let Kodi wake it up for a scheduled recording?

Kodi setting
PC setting
BIOS setting

Thanks
(2023-10-16, 01:20)cheerful Wrote: Windows 11

PC is in hibernation.  What setting is required to let Kodi wake it up for a scheduled recording?

Kodi setting
PC setting
BIOS setting

Thanks

the only thing to wake a pc is WOL but it has to be executed from a different machine - a machine that is off cannot do anything
This is a new build.  The previous build was able to wake up.
new build, old build, ancient build, future build

the only thing to wake a machine is WOL
I don't think this is true.  Windows can schedule timer to wake it up from hibernation for sure.  Backup software does it.
well then you already know more than me

good luck
The PVR Settings for Power saving give you the ability to create a script to wake the PC.  Perhaps you overwrote your script.

A NextPVR backend on Windows will already wake for EPG updates and scheduled recordings automatically, no script needed.  Generally ignore posts from "@izprtxqkft" as often posts with no knowledge of the situation.

Martin
just dont ask martin how to do something as simple as attach images to posts
Where can I check this script?  Thanks
same question and answer from 8 years ago - https://superuser.com/questions/898879/a...ibernation

no resolution was made available
(2023-10-16, 04:17)cheerful Wrote: Where can I check this script?  Thanks

You need to create it first there is nothing on Windows to check.  The Kodi call is very fundamental it just execute the full command line you enter in settings with the wakeup time is the passed perimeter. 

Martin
I don't see a scheduled task for NextPVR or Kodi.  I'm not sure how NextPVR scheduled recording works.  I'd think it needs to create a scheduled task (just like my backup software) and sets to wake up PC from sleep.  This might be the wrong forum.
In NextPVR, the wakeups commands are not scheduled tasks, the server creates what I assume are Writeable Time Objects https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/window...out-timers and you will see them running powercfg -waketimers 

I guess this is on topic since you are doing research creating them yourself for your use case.

Martin
Yeah powercfg -waketimers showed the NextPVR timer.

I guess I need to figure out why it's not waking up the PC.  Either Windows or BIOS have something missing.
Here is the solution

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Sleep -> Allow wake timers -> set to Enable

The default in my power plan was Important wake timers only

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What settings is required to wake up a hibernated PC for scheduled recording?0