v20 Recommended InputStream Adaptive settings for slow internet?
I have AT&T Internet Air service (cell tower internet) and it sucks but it is realistically the best option available to me.  My signal quality is bad to begin with and I usually get 20-30 Mbps download speeds during the day which normally is OK for streaming.  But the main problem is in the evenings when the tower gets congested and my download speeds vary.  I can get 20 Mbps one minute and 5 Mbps (or lower) the next.  

I use the Disney+, Paramount+, Hulu, etc. addons to stream.  I usually start my streaming at a resolution that I think it can support (I have it set to Ask) at that time and then downgrade the resolution (stop playback and restart at a lower resolution) if I have buffering.  But I still can get buffering.  The buffering wheel percentage will almost stop sometimes and then recover. 

I'm running Kodi 20.2 on my 2019 Shield TV Pro and InputStream Adaptive v 20.3.13.  I've noticed that the official apps will automatically downgrade the resolution when my bandwidth drops but I still can get buffering sometimes.  

Does anyone have some recommended setting changes in InputStream Adaptive from default?  Which settings do I enable to get Adaptive Bitrate Switching? 

It seems that if I could increase the amount of data in the buffer to bridge the blocks of slowdowns and then catch up when data is available it would help.  Would changing the Assured and/or Maximum buffer duration help?  If so, what would be good settings to try? 

While I consider myself computer competent I'm not a programmer so I thought I'd ask before randomly trying things and then messing them up.  

TIA for any help.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
the "Adaptive Bitrate Switching" on InputStream Adaptive is called "adaptive" (on "Stream selection type" setting)
and so automatically switch the a/v bitrate quality based on available bandwidth
https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adap...e#adaptive
"adaptive" type still needs improvements but should be able to run quite well

but if you set "Stream selection type" setting to "ask", you cant use it because you will have a fixed quality that dont fit your bandwidth
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended InputStream Adaptive settings for slow internet?0