Req Request for Additional Media Type "OTHER" (If you like it Chime in YES)
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I'm not sure this will fix my particular problem, as I want to add other videos to playlists. But the Mezzmo addon does look promising, so i will load it up to Kodi and have a play about and let you know.
Thanks heaps for the input. 
Oz
(2024-01-26, 03:25)OzDrDj Wrote: Thanks for the reply Jeff. I'm not sure this will fix my particular problem, as I want to add other videos to playlists. But the Mezzmo addon does look promising, so i will load it up to Kodi and have a play about and let you know.
Thanks heaps for the input. 
Oz

The Mezzmo Kodi addon does require Mezzmo to run.  See here for more details.  Mezzmo can do what you want using Mezzmo playlists and you can use a direct call or favorite to launch it from Kodi natively.  Mezzmo has a more advanced playlist mechanism than native Kodi, including active playlists which are really cool.  You can see more in this link.  The Wiki only scratches the surface of what can be done so I am happy to answer questions but everything you mentioned id doable.. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Still wanting Media Type, OTHER. I have lots of other types of videos as Im sure every user of Kodi has.
Home Movies, Docos, Adds, Bumprts, Game recordings, whatever.
These files do not fit in with Movies, TV Shows, Episodes or Music Video.
If a video is not one of these 4 types, kodi doesn't want to know about them easily.
Sure there are work arounds and addons, but to simply have a file type "OTHER" using a filename only scraper, would make life easier.
Please DEVs, Media Type "OTHER"
Thanks Again
Also as Still Wanting, even Needing another Media type. 
We still need a media type other for all sorts of things, but as for now, even a request for Local Info Only when adding to Movies or TV.
If I want to add a local folder of my home movies, I've seen many instances of this sort of request on the forums, I can still only select the folder as either Movie or TV or Episode or Music Video or None. 
Which means the media can't be scraped then can't be added to playlists. Even a field called Local, which would only use a Local.nfo file would work wonders. 
I could throw everything into sperate folders, with a Default.nfo for that folder telling kodi eveything in here is a home movie, or a trailer, or a commercial, or whatever.
Theres gotta be a way to do this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for Additional Media Type "OTHER" (If you like it Chime in YES)0