Errors using cmake GUI to build Kodi on Windows x64
I normally use the cmake GUI for ease of use.  Cmake 3.27.3

I've read the instructions which favour a command line attempt.  I did that and still got errors.  Shouldn't Kodi build easily or is the cmake out of date?

https://paste.kodi.tv/edifesuqab

I tried the command line again and got this:
https://paste.kodi.tv/bajezowero.kodi
Windows builds are geared towards the use of Buildsetup.bat.

Pcre issue is a known issue when jumping build types. The workaround for now is to manually delete the lib/include/cmake config for pcre if you are changing build type. If you can't work out which files they are, just remove project/builddependencies/<arch> and redownload dependencies using download-dependencies.bat.
Thanks for the info.  I will take a look.  I ended up on another try using buildsetup and then opening the .sln in VS 2022.

The Pcre is a tricky one and hopefully that will let me get a debug build of Kodi going.
Yeah, essentially we don't postfix the debug library for pcre, therefore we don't know if it's linked against debug or default runtimes. When it's built for debug, and your building release the runtimes are different and you get the failures, and vice versa.
I should mention there is now a target in the solution to rebuild all the internal deps you can run. And that should also fix it for now (build_internal_depends), but you should be able to rebuild just the pcre target as well now days to overwrite whatever lib build type is currently built in project/builddependencies/<arch>
OK I'll give that a shot.  Thanks
I'm looking at the "Build utilites" section in the solution using VS 2022 and see 8 options but no "build_internal_depends".
I got the debug version of Kodi to build using your previous comment about deleting the cmake folder.  For anyone else it is located here:

yourgitdownloadpath\xbmc\project\BuildDependencies\x64\lib\cmake\PCRE

Note that I didn't rename xbmc to kodi on my git clone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors using cmake GUI to build Kodi on Windows x640