When connecting to NAS:How to specify SMB username and password ?
Context: 
======
* Libre "potato" board outfitted with LibreElec
* Synology NAS requires username and password to connect via SMB 

OBSERVATIONS:
===========
I am able to ssh into the Libre board: the smbclient command logs into the user's SMB share:  returns a prompt that allows browsing the NAS

LibreELEC:~ # smbclient //192.168.8.109/home -U username

Thes observations confirm that I have the correct SMB username and password, as well as the IP address of the NAS.

REDDIT INDICATES:
============

Reddit link provides instructions, however it fails to indicate inputting the Synology's SMB username and password.  Instead it calls for inputting Kodi's username/pw.   I have tried inputting the NAS's username/pw, however an error is returned.

Ok here's what I do as I also access Synology files using KODI...
Open videos link in KODI
Open files...
Open Add videos...
select the browse button
Scroll down and select the Add network location
Select windows network (SMB) as the protocol
Enter the IP address of your Synology into server name field
Enter your main kodi username and password

Press the ok button
Select the new smb entry which then appears in the list
Browse to the shared folder you have setup on the synology and then press ok
If your happy with the name for this media source, press ok again

QUESTION
=======
What exactly is the procedure to configure a remote SMB share that requires a username and password?  A step by step set of directions (like the example above) will be greatly appreciated.   Thank you!
========================================================================
RaspBMC 12.1, AppleTV 160GB, MythTV,Sharp NV6XU, WD Live TV Hub, RT-N16 OTRW, Asterisk+GTalk, TMO+UMA,
(2023-11-22, 09:07)gatorback Wrote: What exactly is the procedure to configure a remote SMB share that requires a username and password?  A step by step set of directions (like the example above) will be greatly appreciated.   Thank you!

how about the step by step directions that you yourself just posted?!

https://kodi.wiki/view/SMB#Add_Network_Location

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=kodi+add+...k+location
Thank you for replying.  The Reddit instructions do not indicate inputting the NAS SMB username & pw: I can't add the NAS as a share with these instructions.  I must be missing something....?

Error: Operation not permitted is returned when I use the NAS username and password, in the above procedure.  

When accessing the NAS from a Mac or Windows box: the SMB share requires a username and password.  

Synology Advanced Samba settings: min=SMB2
========================================================================
RaspBMC 12.1, AppleTV 160GB, MythTV,Sharp NV6XU, WD Live TV Hub, RT-N16 OTRW, Asterisk+GTalk, TMO+UMA,
(2023-11-22, 09:30)gatorback Wrote: When accessing the NAS from a Mac or Windows box: the SMB share requires a username and password.   I must be missing something....?

im not sure where the breakdown in communication is, if your server requires username and password then you enter the username in the box where is says "Username" and the password in the box where it says "Password"

if you are getting an error after entering that information then you will need to provide a Debug Log for assistance

instructions -> Debug Log <-

ensure you enable it, close Kodi, restart Kodi then try to perform the failing operation so that the log captures it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When connecting to NAS:How to specify SMB username and password ?0