HDCP 2.2 and Kodi
Hi I am finally making the plunge into buying 4K hardware. I bought the follow mini PC for Beelink S12 Pro Mini PC. After more research into HDCP I am wondering how this will affect me. 

My understanding is that HDCP is for protecting streaming content from prime /netflix / disney etc.... 

I use Kodi for two primary reasons:

1) Watch stored media (home videos recorded at 4K or collection of blu-ray rips from library which I now start doing in 4K, previosly done in 1080p) 
2) Watch youtube video time to time 
3) HD HomeRun antenna at 4K

Will lack of HDCP affect any of these funcitons on Kodi? I have a apple TV for all streaming needs so that should be fine. 

Thanks.
(2023-11-29, 06:24)rsmomi Wrote: Hi I am finally making the plunge into buying 4K hardware. I bought the follow mini PC for Beelink S12 Pro Mini PC. After more research into HDCP I am wondering how this will affect me. 

My understanding is that HDCP is for protecting streaming content from prime /netflix / disney etc.... 

I use Kodi for two primary reasons:

1) Watch stored media (home videos recorded at 4K or collection of blu-ray rips from library which I now start doing in 4K, previosly done in 1080p) 
2) Watch youtube video time to time 
3) HD HomeRun antenna at 4K

Will lack of HDCP affect any of these funcitons on Kodi? I have a apple TV for all streaming needs so that should be fine. 

Thanks.

For 1. and 2. HDCP support, or lack of it, should have no impact, and ignoring the DRM issues surrounding ATSC 3.0 - if you can get unencrypted video from your HDHR then I'd expect that to be fine too (though you may need to find an AC-4 audio solution)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDCP 2.2 and Kodi0