Kodi on TCL 55C805 works very slowly
Hello,
I recently bought TCL 55C805 TV. Generally, I am satisfied, the picture is nice, it has everything I need, including Google TV, because I wanted Kodi.
I was worried about low memory, because 8GB is too little for applications when using Kodi, but the TV has 22 GB, so it's good.

In addition to the TV, I also have an HTPC connected to the receiver. Unfortunately, my Denon X2200W does not have eArc, only the older Arc, so I need an additional player apart from the TV for HD sound.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with Kodi working on TV, which is very slow. I have to wait a minute before going through each menu. The library takes a long time to load, covers appear with a long delay, and selecting a movie is the same. The playback itself is problem-free, HDR works. I use Kodi with library synchronization in the MySql database, the server of which is on an HTPC computer. The movie files are also on this HTPC.

The TV is connected with an Ethernet cable. I use the Amber skin. Maybe it's worth trying a standard or another skin. Maybe Kodi version 21 would be better.
The TV has a MediaTek Pentonic 700 processor, 3GB Ram and 22 GB of data. This should work fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on TCL 55C805 works very slowly0