MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008)
The main focus this week has been to address the memory issues that a number of xbox users have come across. A lot of work has been done to separate out some of the richer parts of the skin without diluting the design of the skin too much. The work is still on-going so if you see anything that looks a bit bizarre then let us know Wink

Initially this lighter version of the theme is the default theme so if you want to see it in it's full glory then you'll need to select the Richer theme in the settings.

Over the coming weeks we're hoping to switch it around so that the richer theme will be the default and you'll need to select the lighter theme if you're having memory problems.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: New Richer theme (it's not reccommended for xbox as the memory requirements are too heavy for the old girl)
  • Added: Coverflow view to music screens
  • Added: Versions of Media Preview and Showcase views to Video files mode
  • Added: Watched/Unwatched overlays to List view
  • Added: Setting to turn off the Options Menu
  • Added: Repeat and Random buttons to Music Now Playing UI
  • Added: Disabled version of Record button to Music Now Playing UI when recording is not possible
  • Added: Sort Letter UI (to show first letter when quickly navigating large lists) to Media Preview and Showcase views
  • Added: Additional options for hiding custom backgrounds on other media screens (was only previouisly implemented for Movie screens)
  • Fixed: Position in the List Info view should be maintained after viewing movie info etc
  • Fixed: Albums view to work better in files mode
  • Fixed: Custom backgrounds no longer interfere when showing fanart on the TV projector screen image
  • Fixed: Fonts being used in keyboard dialog
  • Fixed: Background display for Settings screens (should now show correct custom BG etc)
  • Updated: Music Now Playing UI should now show when navigating movies (but not in Media Preview or Showcase views as there's no room for it on those views)
  • Updated: Hide Info and Show Animated options for Media Preview view are now independent of each other so you can have one or other, both or none set
  • Updated: Spacing between letters in fonts (for better foreign language support)
  • Updated: Lyrics script (so lyrics should work in music vis screen)
  • Updated: Dutch, German and Greek translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.
I love these morning releases - thanks.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Initially this lighter version of the theme is the default theme so if you want to see it in it's full glory then you'll need to select the Richer theme in the settings.
Found under Appearance > Theme incase anyone's wondering.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Added: Coverflow view to music screens
Looks and runs great.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Added: Watched/Unwatched overlays to List view
Thanks.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Fixed: Position in the List Info view should be maintained after viewing movie info etc
Working fine here.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Updated: Music Now Playing UI should now show when navigating movies (but not in Media Preview or Showcase views as there's no room for it on those views)
Thanks, I like the new rounded edges as well.
Note: Also works in Media Preview with the Info disabled.

Request:

'Video Now Playing UI' added to all the views where the 'Music Now Playing UI' appears please.
Nice work, works fine here.

Updated: Hide Info and Show Animated options for Media Preview view are now independent of each other so you can have one or other, both or none set .

Yeehaa that's what I wanted and works great.
Lyrics works fine now and also album view in file mode.

Have been looking for a seek slider is not been added I supose, and still can't change milkdrop settings.

Reguest

Panelview for wide icons in programs.
[*]Added: New Richer theme (it's not reccommended for xbox as the memory requirements are too heavy for the old girl)

If I have 128mb xbox can richer theme work ok?
beavis Wrote:[*]Added: New Richer theme (it's not reccommended for xbox as the memory requirements are too heavy for the old girl)

If I have 128mb xbox can richer theme work ok?

Richer theme will work on all xboxes but once you start using fanart and custom backgrounds you start to notice issues (especially playing videos in library views) on a normal xbox.

It's just a recommendation to use the lighter theme on xbox but at the end of the day it's up to you how you decide to use the skin Big Grin
I love the new Watched/Unwatched overlays to List view and the animated view.
Just think the animated design need a little transparency or something to the top scroller and get rid of the shadow for the poster or something.

Also, when movie selected the animiation drop it down and in the top scroller remain a hole, can you make it also stay there?

And one last thing...
When a movie is selected the only why to right click on it for menu is in this hole in the top scroller, it's kinda confusing, can you make right click menu work also on the poster down below?

thanks.
Can you guys add an option to hide the Weather menu on the home screen?

Also, I was confused by the "Show Weather on Home screen" since I thought it referred to the menu, but it refers to the widget.
migueld Wrote:Can you guys add an option to hide the Weather menu on the home screen?

Also, I was confused by the "Show Weather on Home screen" since I thought it referred to the menu, but it refers to the widget.

Argh I submitted accidentally without finishing the post. I wanted to add that to make the option clearer, it could be renamed as "Show Weather Widget on Home Screen"
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Added: Setting to turn off the Options Menu

Thank you very much. This works great!
FYI - this disables the blades where you can pick your views, etc. while in media sections like Videos, Music, etc. This will definitely help in locking specific views and options and not confusing someone not familiar with XBMC when they are navigating.

Also love the Cover Flow!

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Great work, I have a problem that still persist from previous versions, once I look up info about a tv show/movie on imdb, looks as if it is querying but returns and does nothing, is it a problem of the skin or xbmc? is there any way to fix it? Im using Vista 64

thanks!
cristhianfs Wrote:Great work, I have a problem that still persist from previous versions, once I look up info about a tv show/movie on imdb, looks as if it is querying but returns and does nothing, is it a problem of the skin or xbmc? is there any way to fix it? Im using Vista 64

thanks!

nevermind, forgot to set the content type, I'll test it some more and let you guys know, excellent work Smile
Thanks for the update it fixes alot of the problems ive been having Smile

migueld Wrote:Can you guys add an option to hide the Weather menu on the home screen?

would also like this option as i don't use the weather feature
Can't do it I'm afraid as the first 3 items have to be there all the time to make sure don't get any of the flashing background issues we used to have.
Glad to see the cover flow in the music view. Look forward to something similar for movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008)0