MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008)
mcfreiz Wrote:great job on this skin! i wasnt really able to use it until the "lite" version was released. even then i ran into memory issues until i lowered my thumbsize and rescanned everything. anyway...

What thumbsize resolution are you using? Running 350px icons and reduced fanart to 1024x640... but videos won't load when using covers view (at movie using lib.)
Others views the video loads fine. Sad
dlhoppe Wrote:Not sure if this message was meant for me.

I'm using a build (sorry, don't have the # right now) that works perfectly with PM3. I assume the issues are skin related since all other skins work fine. Do you have any suggestions that I could try?

Problems are:

1. Music area is dead. Can't bring up the blade. Works fine everywhere else.
2. Can't access scrollbars anywhere.

this is definitely a build issue. you need to have the latest, most recent build for this skin to work. just because other skins work doesn't necessarily mean mediastream will. we use the latest fixes and coding from xbmc which is why you need to have the latest release of both xbmc and mediastream for it to fully function.
I can't for the life of me work out how to get TV fanart to appear on the projector screen. It appears as a background easily enough, but not just on the projector screen.

Hope i'm not missing something obvious...Laugh
jkeysers Wrote:I can't for the life of me work out how to get TV fanart to appear on the projector screen. It appears as a background easily enough, but not just on the projector screen.

Hope i'm not missing something obvious...Laugh

System -> Settings -> Skin -> Backgrounds -> Show Fanart on TV Wall
skunkm0nkee Wrote:System -> Settings -> Skin -> Backgrounds -> Show Fanart on TV Wall

That's what I thought it was, but it just has the fanart across the entire background either way. Is there something else I have to do? Do I have to be using a specific view? (I'm using info list).

While I have your attention, i'm noticing that while using Info List, below the TV shows name but above the shows description, the number 1601 appears (no matter the show). This seems odd. Why is that?

Thanks mate. Killer skin!
jkeysers Wrote:That's what I thought it was, but it just has the fanart across the entire background either way. Is there something else I have to do? Do I have to be using a specific view? (I'm using info list).
Nah, there's a bug in the current release which has been fixed for the next release

jkeysers Wrote:While I have your attention, i'm noticing that while using Info List, below the TV shows name but above the shows description, the number 1601 appears (no matter the show). This seems odd. Why is that?
I guess that's your library content not fully populated as it should show the date (1601 is null/empty date I think)
Well that explains those 2 things. Cheers!

Final one. I have small, low quality folder.jpgs for each of my TV shows that I made up for back in the day when I used to use file mode. I decided to hang onto them because they still look good for viewing media on the PC in thumbnail view (they are all roughly square so they look good in Windows), and make it easier to identify shows. The only problem is they still show up as a thumbnail for all views in Media Stream. Is there any way I can ignore them so they don't show up? Or am I gonna have to go back and replace them all?
I would guess you will need to replace them
MediaStream is a wonderfull Skin congrats to the Creators, but i got a question is there a chance to get the new Cover view from the Music section for the Movies section?
WaCk0.br Wrote:What thumbsize resolution are you using? Running 350px icons and reduced fanart to 1024x640... but videos won't load when using covers view (at movie using lib.)
Others views the video loads fine. Sad

in AdvancedSettings.xml i had thumbsize set to 512 but it would crash even with the mediastream "lite". i deleted it and tried the default 192 but it looked like crap for movies in showcase view. i had to clear my library and rescan after each change which takes a long time so i settled on 256 but never tried 384. besides in music panel stream the movment is already somewhat choppy @ 256
tried using this skin with the latest version of xbmc t3ch and it says it needs to be skin version 2.0 or higher...what gives?
TheBigBentley Wrote:tried using this skin with the latest version of xbmc t3ch and it says it needs to be skin version 2.0 or higher...what gives?

Make sure you are using the Latest XBMC SVN build, <bleeding edge> and not the T3CH stable release as that's close to 2 years old.
TheBigBentley Wrote:tried using this skin with the latest version of xbmc t3ch and it says it needs to be skin version 2.0 or higher...what gives?

Make sure that in the 'Skin' folder under XBMC you haven't got a 2nd 'Mediastream' folder under the 1st 'Mediastream' folder as well.
Well, the latest build along with v0.92 of the skin seems to work a LOT better. However, the old XBox just doesn't like this skin in 1080i. Maybe an even "lighter" version will come along. I had to set the skin at 720p. It doesn't look quite as nice as 1080i, but it's acceptable. It sure is a lot more responsive though.

I'm loving the skin, but have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the tips!
Colvs Wrote:Make sure that in the 'Skin' folder under XBMC you haven't got a 2nd 'Mediastream' folder under the 1st 'Mediastream' folder as well.

Holy geez am I a retard! I didn't even realize I downloaded the old one. Thanks for pointing that out. It was driving me crazy. I guess sometimes I can get a little click happy and don't read things through enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008)0