Upgrade to Ubuntu 23.10 (and missing power options)
Hi all,

As a yearly holiday tradition I am doing major upgrades on my systems in the christmas break. I am doing upgrades on my Linux Media Center since 2018, mostly without any issues. With 23.10 it was a bit different and I was already regretting it:
  1. No PPA support
  2. The power options are missing from the main power menu, i.e. my kodi user did not have sufficient authorization

I cannot help with 1) but for 2) the reason is that polkit was upgraded from 0.105-33 to 123-1 which deprecrates the usage of pkla files. One of them is wideley used by the community to grant the kodi user required rights. In order to not recreate the polkit rules in JS you can simply install polkitd-pkla:

Code:
sudo apt-get install polkitd-pkla

This did the trick for me. Hope that also help others.
So what are you doing regarding the PAA now. Are you using the version form the Ubuntu repo? Is it working fine?
I ran into the same "no ppa" issue after rebuilding my htpc a few weeks ago, using 23.10/mantic

I tried to build from source but run into build errors (I guess 23.10 was too new at the time)

I ended up manually downloading the files I needed from the PPA built for Kinetic and installed them manually with dpkg, similar to what is done here: https://github.com/zuzia-dev/Kodi-Omega-for-Linux-64bit   (but I used the latest official nexus packages). Surprisingly it worked very well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade to Ubuntu 23.10 (and missing power options)0