Itunes:- Could not connect to network server
Hi all, just trying to set up XBMC for the first time but I'm having trouble importing my Itunes Library.

Here's the steps I'm taking:-

Music > Add Source > Browse > Music Plugins > iTunes

<<Import My iTunes Library>>

Itunes then loads 8000+ items, but then a window pops up telling me:-

Remote Share
Could not connect to network server

And thats as far I get, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

By the way I'm using an Intel Imac, Leopard 10.5.4, iTunes 8 and the latest XBMC build
Could you please post your xbmc.log file found in ~/Library/Logs/ to a site like pastebin, or make it available in some other way so I can take a look at it.

Thanks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:Could you please post your xbmc.log file found in ~/Library/Logs/ to a site like pastebin, or make it available in some other way so I can take a look at it.

Thanks.

Hi, here's a link http://pastebin.com/m7e9229cf

Thanks for any helpWink
Just out of curiosity, after the scan fails, when you navigate into Albums, Artists etc, are you able to see and play your media?

EDIT: I just reread your original post, I had misread it before.

How you described it is not how the iTunes plugin is to be used. What you need to do is to directly navigate into the iTunes entry (not Add Sources) and perform the import from there.

In other words: Music->iTunes->Import and then Music->iTunes->Albums, etc
or Music->Music Plugins->iTunes->Import and Music->Music Plugins->iTunes->Albums, etc

Perhaps we should just turn off the browsing in to plugins from the add source dialog?

I know it was initially there so that users could choose to have subfolders of the plugin as a source if they wanted to. IMO it's more trouble than it's worth.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Looking at the debug log, I think it's related to the fact that the plugin is being queried (GetDirectory) with a trailing forward slash after its arguments, which doesn't happen when you navigate to it directly. I haven't had a chance to debug it myself.

Sorry, think i'm being completely clueless here but there isn't an itunes entry in the music section unless I use add sources?
Look under Music Plugins instead (do you see that under Music)?

I don't see Music Plugins?

I'm using the project 3 skin, from the main menu if I select music the window just gives me the option to add source. And on the left View:Icons, Sort by:Name & Library Mode (which is greyed out)
That's odd. In that case, you can go to Add Sources -> Music Plugins -> iTunes and then select OK. Once you do that, you should see iTunes as one of your sources.

Just to reconfirm, you're running Atlantis Beta 1 (see XBMC->About menu) and during installation your didn't get any errors? Also, are you upgrading from a previous install of XBMC? If you don't mind, could you please post your xbmc.log found in ~/Library/Logs so we can determine why none of the default sources are present in your installation? Thanks.

Hmm - sounds like the plugin hasn't been copied across, yet you see it OK in the add source dialog. Weird. Were there any errors on install, as it's the installer's job to copy these across. In fact, it's pretty much the only reason the installer is there!

A workaround is to add the "Music Plugins" as a source, or the "iTunes" item as a source, rather than navigating in to it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:That's odd. In that case, you can go to Add Sources -> Music Plugins -> iTunes and then select OK. Once you do that, you should see iTunes as one of your sources.

Just to reconfirm, you're running Atlantis Beta 1 (see XBMC->About menu) and during installation your didn't get any errors? Also, are you upgrading from a previous install of XBMC? If you don't mind, could you please post your xbmc.log found in ~/Library/Logs so we can determine why none of the default sources are present in your installation? Thanks.

Ah....

Version 8.10 Atlantis Alpha 4, sorry about that thought I'd dowloaded the latest build.

I'll have another crack with the Beta 1 version.:o

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Itunes:- Could not connect to network server0