Poll: What platform do you run XBMC on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox
53.18%
Linux
17.56%
OSX (ATV)
4.98%
Windows
24.28%
Total
803 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 13(current)
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?
Fair enough, figured it was worth asking... lol cheers for the fast response!
Thanks Arnova!

Not sure when you'll be staring to port these fixes back, but I would love to see 16214 and 16215 in the XBOX branch for use with the BBC iPlayer script here in the UK! Big Grin
christo182 Wrote:Thanks Arnova!

Not sure when you'll be staring to port these fixes back, but I would love to see 16214 and 16215 in the XBOX branch for use with the BBC iPlayer script here in the UK! Big Grin

FYI: They will be in the next merge... (Probably somewhere this week)...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:FYI: They will be in the next merge... (Probably somewhere this week)...

Like I said... you my friend are a LEGEND!! Laugh
I'm pretty happy with XBMC for Xbox right now......the only thing I really care to see added is FanArt support for the Music Section.
Nice move arnova!
Like you, i dont want to see the xbox die just yet.. :-)
I love the ports of XBMC for win/linux/os x, and I keep using it on my HTPC for HD content these days. It seems to keep getting better and it's already useable for HD content. I'm also getting more and more used to the idea of putting the old xbox away, though I'd still use it for emulators.

Still, the old xbox has its sides. It's simple to set up and easy to carry around. I think it should be supported for many years to come, because it's nice as a secondary media center and it's very portable (I sometimes recode HD videos to xvid so I can show them "on the road".)
arnova Wrote:FYI: They will be in the next merge... (Probably somewhere this week)...

thanks dude! looking forward to it! Cool
I'm very very pleased that you are willing to maintain the xbox version, Arnova... Much appreciated!

I really hope XBMC for xbox's main features will stay functional for many many years, as it's a pleasure to work with! As for those 'extra/future' features, i think we xbox users have to be realistic and accept that not all features can or will be ported to the xbox platform, as it's getting old.

C'mon... look and see what XBMC Atlantis has to offer us xbox users! It's more then i ever wished for! (If there was no XBMC, there wouldn't be three xboxes in my house!)

As team XBMC has so many potential and ambition, why hold them down? Go for it, team! Make XBMC the absolute number one cross-platform media center application!
Hmmm....Well I'm a Noob to the XBMC scene. But I have to say That my Xbox has already gotten way more usage as a XBMC than as a game machine. So the utility is awesome.

As an observation as on the project as a whole...

XBMC as a name is really confusing to people coming on to the scene for the first time...
The name by default relates it specifically to XBOX.
Which in itself turns people who don't have an XBOX away, even though it might be an ideal solution for their chosen application.

For practical purposes, I was looking for a way to organize my media assets, not have to endlessly rent a closed architecture DVR from my cable provider, and move internet content to to the living room on a standard analog TV....I want on demand TV.

Now I'm considering adding a few more around the house and am just in process of learning whether I should build a box or buy a few more used XBOXes and convert them.
And which OS (Linux, Live, or Windows, I should base it on if I do).

The xbox is so convenient because it's already designed as a set top box in form factor and plugs right in no questions asked.
That's my first consideration.

And regarding the skinning and limitations of the XBOX tech...

For me....content is king.

Ultimately....the platform has to keep up with the codecs.
Eventually XBOX will top out it's processing power just simply not be able to decode streams smoothly enough to play content I wanna view. The beautiful interface is a secondary consideration.

It will happen...

What's all this mean...

well I'm not so sure I wanna build a bunch of high end boxes yet to simply be media players...so I'm not convinced that it's time for the XBOX version to die....

But I can see why it will...eventually...

Al-x
I primarily run on the Xbox but that's only until we have support for HA on Windows/Linux
Since Xbox 1 is getting old...

I believe an effort should be made to run it in other formats. Xbox 360 for example.

But Keep up the good work.
I think cross-platform development is a better focus, with computers becoming more common place in the living room area, like apple tv, windows machines, and linux.

I don't see a lot of people using the xbox for that much longer when there is so much more to do on other machines.

I just hope the windows version keeps getting updates thats all for me Smile
LeandroPT Wrote:Since Xbox 1 is getting old...

I believe an effort should be made to run it in other formats. Xbox 360 for example.

But Keep up the good work.

Oh, has Xbox360 been fully hacked then?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Oh, has Xbox360 been fully hacked then?
No, off-topic see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=9299
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?2