Poll: What platform do you run XBMC on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox
53.18%
Linux
17.56%
OSX (ATV)
4.98%
Windows
24.28%
Total
803 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 16(current)
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?
@arnova

Just wanted to say thanks very much for continuing the support for Xbox.
I actually only bought my first xbox about a week ago with the sole purpose of using it as a media centre. They are so cheap now and are advertised here a lot as setup ready to go media centres. A lot of people that use xbmc on the xbox wont join these forums i am sure but will be downloading the latest versions now and then and enjoying the benefits one way or the other.

The xbox definitely isn't dead yet so please keep it coming!
Im sure there are lots of other newbies to the scene like me that appreciate it!

Thanks
there is still good use out of these systems.
I use xbmc on xbox1, a dell I'm trying to convert into an htpc, and on a laptop. I get by far the most xbmc-time from the xbox. I love the way I can network it and have it in my bedroom, watching movies and shows often in bed. Even after I finish the htpc and can run HD in the living room, Im still going to keep the xbox for the bedroom. Hope support stays for some time on it.
I myself love XBMC..8)...
i remember when i first got my Xbox.all i heard from a friend was that she got a xbox and paid some dude 200.00usd to modd it. I found that intriging and ran out and bought one and decided to do it myself with no knowledge of computing flashing splicing ect. ran evo for a week and googled dashs..found xbmc and UnleashX..been running them both since that.(Xbox v1.1 v1.4 v1.6)yes i do have three of them..LOVELY.....

the one thing i wish was kept up would be the KAI interface as i noticed its not supported in newer builds... WHY NOT.. whoo cares if its a dinosaur theres some of us who like the bult in interface as other tunnelers dont do that all from PC..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53016

Do the same as above, keep the last version w/ support so you can use it when you want to play games online. Haven't tested it in quite awhile, maybe you can?
I think until most or all content has switched over to HD, Team XBMC should continue to support it as people use 1st gen Xbox still (perhaps as a secondary device) because it still plays most SD content
pender Wrote:I think until most or all content has switched over to HD, Team XBMC should continue to support it as people use 1st gen Xbox still (perhaps as a secondary device) because it still plays most SD content

And in any case is still the topic of investigate GPU HD decoding on the XBox, that there are proves that it's possible but no public code... Sad

XBox should still be in the main focus of XBMC.
"And in any case is still the topic of investigate GPU HD decoding on the XBox" - as far as I can remember this was looked into - but the GPU would have to be completely reverse engineered to achieve this as details of the chip were never fully released by nVidia... and the only person that was capable of doing this left the scene a long time ago... forgotten his name..... If anyone can be a$$ed to do this now I'd eat my hat... with chips. Wink and the DX rendering being looked into needs specs the Gforce3/4 in xbox just doesnt have.

But with Arnova on the case we still get great updates for Xbox I think all thing considered.
The number of modded xbox users still amazes me to this day Wink
Nothing wrong with the old haggish xbox and a 20 inch crt telly Wink

I welcome all xbox users over to the new world and 20th century when
they decide to drop the box in favor of a small HTPC - you know they really have become cheaper this days than a modded xbox was in the first place.
looks like Ion-based systems just turned the whole price argument around, BUT, compatibility and OOTB experience still remains dicey, XBOX users are good for a while (as long as their hardware hold)
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:looks like Ion-based systems just turned the whole price argument around, BUT, compatibility and OOTB experience still remains dicey, XBOX users are good for a while (as long as their hardware hold)

And when not, i hope ReactOS team have would developed a XBox compatibility layer for all my games!!! :p

(ReactOS is a Windows NT binary and API compatible free OS Smile )
you could stop making the xbox version of xbmc to spend more time on the other versions, but i think the xbox owners would be sad if that happened so i think it is best to make xbmc for xbox, for now
The-Boxhead Wrote:The number of modded xbox users still amazes me to this day Wink
Nothing wrong with the old haggish xbox and a 20 inch crt telly Wink

I welcome all xbox users over to the new world and 20th century when
they decide to drop the box in favor of a small HTPC - you know they really have become cheaper this days than a modded xbox was in the first place.

I have both - the xbox always gets switched on first - connected to 40" LCD - it was designed to connect to TV's, it boots in seconds, - HTPC's are ok but still a pain in the a$$ for non techie people.. the WAF is still low copaired to the xbox and my last Xbox was £3. - I'd be happy to put a modded xbox up against a HTPC on everything bar unconverted HD which it does a pretty good job on these days too... my mrs could connect, switch on and watch a movie on an xbox... HTPC - I'd be getting a call at the pub... Eek
I think that the strength of the xbox is the fact that the hardware is virtually identical across the board. There are different dvd drives, and some people have upgraded the HDD, but for the most part the guts are the same which makes life easier when troubleshooting.

For the average user, a modded xbox is still very capable. It'll play ripped dvds, games, and most plugins are compatible except for some of the HD stuff.

I'm very glad to see the xbox is still being worked on and highly appreciate the XBMC crew for all they do.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Geeba Wrote:I have both - the xbox always gets switched on first - connected to 40" LCD - it was designed to connect to TV's, it boots in seconds, - HTPC's are ok but still a pain in the a$$ for non techie people.. the WAF is still low copaired to the xbox and my last Xbox was £3. - I'd be happy to put a modded xbox up against a HTPC on everything bar unconverted HD which it does a pretty good job on these days too... my mrs could connect, switch on and watch a movie on an xbox... HTPC - I'd be getting a call at the pub... Eek

the hardware mentionned is still pretty new, and those issues WILL be ironed out. Instant-on is a big thing nowadays and lots of efforts are being deployed to get there on all major platforms.

On the other hand, what makes an HTPC really potentially interesting are all the other elements that could be added: xbmc games libary with support for native and emulated games on ALL platforms is but one example.

EDIT: initial setup is the longer process. if you solve all your sound/display issues, there's little chance that it would suddenly stop, unless your mrs downloads broken upgrades (which is highly unlikely)
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?2