Poll: What platform do you run XBMC on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox
53.18%
Linux
17.56%
OSX (ATV)
4.98%
Windows
24.28%
Total
803 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 5(current)
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?
rwparris2 Wrote:Well, until the time comes when you decide to quit back porting for us, THANKS!!!

Seconded.

Thanks jmarshall
This is my 2 cents worth......

XBMC is a media center that was originally designed FOR the Xbox console. Therefore MANY people have come to love using it on their xbox consoles and are introduced to the XBMC experience thru the modded xbox console. Keep development open for those people ( and for the new generation that is just now learning of XBMC).

NOW......XBMC is currently a multi-platform media center used on Xbox, Windows, Mac, and Linux. Seeing as how many people cant afford a newer PC for the sole means of making it a HTPC to run XBMC......Xbox development seems like a great thing to continue. Any shmo can run to the local swap-meet or game store an get an old xbox for 50 to 80 bucks....whamo!!!! XBMC!!!! ( Not unless people are trying to say, only those who have the financial means to build or buy a HTPC deserve XBMC......which defeats the original goal of XBMC, which was having a low cost, but quality media center, right?)

Also.....XBMC is basically the "engine" in the car. When I start up my Xbox, the only way others know that it is XBMC is if they see the Splash Screen that says "XBMC". If they didn't see that...they asked " How do you have the xbox 360 dashboard on your xbox?" or now they say " WOW.....Your Media Stream looks great ( Thanks Team RazorFish), can you do that to mine?" Hopefully people see what I'm saying here. (If I have a Van and you have a Truck, but they both have a 305's under the hoods.....does that mean we have the same vehicle? NO)

This said.......Why not develop XBMC for all platforms....and develop the skins to reflect the OS you choose to use. "XBMC on Linux" could be reflected as "LXMC" just by changing a few details of the skin. Same could be said for the other platforms too. Since XBMC once stood for "Xbox Media Center" reflect that by continuing that. Without Xbox there would be no XBMC.

Who's with me hereHuh??
your opinion is noted. if you are a developer and want to help, so much better
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I wish I knew more about the Dev side of things. I would love to be able to work on XBMC specifically for the Xbox.
I think that eliminating Xbox support would be premature. Clearly, most people are using the Xbox for XBMC. The time will likely come when it is time to let Xbox support go, but that time is not yet upon us!

I use my old Xbox because I am a poor college student! If I had a bunch if money to put out into a nice HTPC I likely would (and I would still use XBMC). I have a feeling that there are a lot of us out there who use ingenuity to make up for a lack of income at the moment. This is especially true in times of economic difficulty, like now!

Keep up the good work!!
and to all Xbox users, You can still use XBMC even if we have no Xbox developers!

All the old builds will still work!!11
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pike Wrote:and to all Xbox users, You can still use XBMC even if we have no Xbox developers!

All the old builds will still work!!11

Thank you. There isnt much room for future xbox upgrades. What is out now is pretty much it for the xbox.
I got into XBMC and XBox at the same time (within the last year). I wanted a media streamer with an AppleTV-like UI, and came across XBMC with the AppleTV skin. As others have said, I can get a used XBox from GameStop for $60. It's instant-on, quiet, has a built-in DVD player, and can stream ripped DVDs and music with an AppleTV-like UI.

If XBox support is dropped, what other options do I have for low-cost, instant-on, XBMC-powered media streamers (with integrated DVD players) do I currently have? The next best option I know of is a Mac Mini, but those are a *lot* more expensive than a used XBox, and I want to have at least three of these in various rooms of my house, so it gets more expensive the more rooms you want to have these in.
AppleTV ?
sho Wrote:AppleTV ?

Barely more powerfull than the Xbox.... alot more expensive...

Poll is looking wierd to me Huh the platform [i]possably[i] being dropped (Xbox) and the platform that has the least development resources AFAIK (Windows) are the two most popular.... Huh
Geeba Wrote:Poll is looking wierd to me Huh the platform [i]possably[i] being dropped (Xbox) and the platform that has the least development resources AFAIK (Windows) are the two most popular.... Huh

Nothing weird about it, only Xbox owners visit this thread because they want something "Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?"
Then they think that voting in this Poll will help their cause.
And even so, it's just ~100 users.

I wonder could maybe an email poll be sent to all members to get a fair vote? Or make an option for members to select which system they use the most and poll from that?
pike Wrote:And even so, it's just ~100 users.
Using that logic... why bother at all?
Only around 200 total users....
XBMC should be kept exactly the way it is right now with support for all the platforms it currently is... why... because the larger the fanbase of individuals using this amazing piece of developement, the better... so, change nothing (except the minds of the selfish)... hmmm
Thumbs Up 
I agree the more the scale the more it will get also with the price drop of the reg xbox brother i will like to see it go there too or also the ps brand with blueray that will be alwsome,thanks team XBMC you guys rockSmile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?2