Win Kodi on windows 10 pc no 5.1 through you tube app
Hi all, I have kodi on my HTPC,  films work fine with 5.1 but when I installed the you tube app the only audio stream available is undetermined -AAC stereo - 2 channels [default] (1/1) .  I assume the dolby 5.1 test videos should have another 5.1 stream available, I can't see any other settings for the app.
Any suggestions would be appreciated .
Youtube doesn't do Dolby audio, and doesn't do any 5.1 except on a limited number AndroidTV devices. Thus any soundcheck video on Youtube is completely useless, you need the original file which will sometimes be linked in the description.
Quote:Note: The setting will only appear for videos and devices that support 5.1 surround sound. 5.1 in YouTube is supported on all 2021 and later TVs, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku and most Fire TV devices. In addition, 5.1 surround sound is supported on Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One and PlayStation 5. Many 2020 and earlier TVs may also support surround sound - check your device manufacturer to see if your device supports 5.1.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answe...4456?hl=en
Ah slightly more types of devices than I thought, but my understanding is it's only AAC 5.1 only unless you can find something that says different.
(2024-01-06, 03:30)jjd-uk Wrote: but my understanding is it's only AAC 5.1 only unless you can find something that says different.

i have low expectations of finding anything different

i don't believe i've ever seen this in the wild and suspect it really has more to do with the "YouTube Premium" side for their Movies/TV offers
seeing the devices they show it supports it probably also has to to with DRM media
neither of those 2 are supported by the addon for Kodi any way so really the standard expectation from it should be "if it plays video and sound then it's good"
Thumbs Up 
Ah , ok that explains it then. thank you.
You have your answer for YouTube in general... but if you are looking for 5.1 test files, you can get those in any format (Dolby, DTS, all variants) as well as any other channel configurations you want from here:

https://www.demolandia.net/

Cheers
TRJB
It seems there may be an issue with the YouTube app on your Windows 10 PC not outputting 5.1 audio through Kodi. Ensure your audio settings are configured correctly in both applications, and consider updating drivers for optimal performance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on windows 10 pc no 5.1 through you tube app0