Maybe I found a bug
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has made the creation and development of this skin for Kodi possible, for me it has been the perfect balance between functionality and minimalism, I love it and I have been using it from Isengard or so Kodi versions.

The reason for this post is to communicate that maybe I have found a bug that is difficult to find at first glance. This is the selection of Art 2 in list mode at movies and tvshows. In English everything works fine and you can change and choose between Art 2 options (poster, logo, screenshot, fanart, etc.) but if you change the language to Spanish (my language), this selection does not work.

I don't know if it is only happens in spanish language or happens with others, for now I have left it in English thus avoiding the problem, but there may be other users who in Spanish or other languages ​​have the same problem.

I also take this opportunity to ask a question. I have the main menu configured with movies, series and a PC games launcher addon (Advance Kodi Launcher). I have the view of the movies and series configured in Slim List and art2 with poster and all works fine, but when I configuring the list of pac games launchers with same options and try to configure with two lines option ON to avoid art2 (poster) in games, it changes the view of the movies and series as well. Maybe is a AKL addon problem, maybe not... any idea? Is not important, but if I can solve this I would like to see PCgames in two rows.

Thanks again and enjoy Koid with Mimic.

Sabra
(2024-01-07, 17:06)sabrada Wrote: Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has made the creation and development of this skin for Kodi possible, for me it has been the perfect balance between functionality and minimalism, I love it and I have been using it from Isengard or so Kodi versions.

The reason for this post is to communicate that maybe I have found a bug that is difficult to find at first glance. This is the selection of Art 2 in list mode at movies and tvshows. In English everything works fine and you can change and choose between Art 2 options (poster, logo, screenshot, fanart, etc.) but if you change the language to Spanish (my language), this selection does not work.

I don't know if it is only happens in spanish language or happens with others, for now I have left it in English thus avoiding the problem, but there may be other users who in Spanish or other languages ​​have the same problem.

That is a bug.   Looking at the code for it, I am totally baffled at how it could possibly work for english.  The issue is some of the logic is doing comparisons against the translation of the name for the viewmode, instead of  just comparing the viewmode.  I will need to look into that logic.  I guess in english, the name always matches.

(2024-01-07, 17:06)sabrada Wrote: I also take this opportunity to ask a question. I have the main menu configured with movies, series and a PC games launcher addon (Advance Kodi Launcher). I have the view of the movies and series configured in Slim List and art2 with poster and all works fine, but when I configuring the list of pac games launchers with same options and try to configure with two lines option ON to avoid art2 (poster) in games, it changes the view of the movies and series as well. Maybe is a AKL addon problem, maybe not... any idea? Is not important, but if I can solve this I would like to see PCgames in two rows.

Thanks again and enjoy Koid with Mimic.

Sabra
Currently, with the exception of art2, the other controllable parameters for a view only put settings against that view name.  (art2 settings are by view+librarytype, which ends up being a lot of code (there are 2 view types that use art2, and 10+ library types... each requiring  some hardcoded checks to determine which setting to actually grab or set))

It's something I can change (I put in the logic for art2) I can modify the other flags to work the same way.   I'm pretty sure I saw that one the changes for Omega is the ability to parameterize some of those types of things, so maybe it will be simpler to code it under Omega

I also notice that none of my comparisons are checking for games (I don't have any games, so have never tested that), so that is always reverting to a default.

I am currently working on all the changes required for the Omega release, so chances are fixes for these will end up in that.  (Omega has a number of things which are incompatible with Matrix/Nexus)
[font][font]Good afternoon,
While we wait for Omega, everything is ok on my KODI. : ) Thanks for the response and clarifications.
Sabrada[/font][/font]
I should have the language issue fixed in the latest Omega beta.  Issue is that the kodi command for returning the view actually dues return the translated view label that may have been applied (or may not since it's optional and not populated in many cases) , rather than the actual view ID or name, which made things inconsistent.  I revamped all that to normalize the value before using it for settings values, which should clean things up.
I'm also redoing the Art1,Art2 image settings.   I'm letting any view use any type of image (Poster, Fanart, Logo, etc) as Art1, which will make the views more flexible (even though in some cases not all image types make sense for the content type)

I'm considering making the 2column, wide, narrow etc options also use parameters based on View+ContentType instead of just the one global setting they use now (like art2 used, and art1 will now also do, but it's a huge amount of cut/paste code as it is necessary to check for every combination to figure out which setting to read from)

I did spin up an Omega repo for the Omega version of Mimic for those brave souls who know how to compile an Omega version of Kodi, and who are willing to put up with the inevitable bugs that will be present.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maybe I found a bug0