else:
return unquote(filename)

I'm using notepad++

where can i add this to the default.py

i already changed the os to Win32, and the filepath of itunes library .xml

Thanks!!
browncaravan Wrote:Hello.

Can someone help me please?

I downloaded the itunes plugin from itunes.zip from the xbmc addons bit from google code and have followed the instructions on here about changing the files to work in Windows. I thought i'd followed them correctly but when I run the plug in, a box flashes up very quickly saying, iTunes 100% - loading directories - retrieved 0 items.

The only bit I didn't understand in the instructions here was about getting the word filename to start exactly above return. As far as i'm aware I havent done anything I shouldnt.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

use notepad++ on line 26 you should have something like this
26 platform = "win32" # FIXME: add support for Windows

Make sure your path is corrct on line 55

55 def get_itunes_library():
filename = 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\DjFulfill\\My Documents\\My Music\\iTunes\\iTunes Music Library.xml'
return filename

still can't get it to work.. waiting fore newtieHuh

with this setup you can at least view your itunes library.. but still can't play
Thanks for the info in this thread; I was able to get the iTunes plugin working with XBMC 9.11, iTunes 9.1.1.11, Windows7.

I know I am replying to an old thread, but I just went through this with positive results and wanted to share.

1: Install plugin

2: Edit default.py
Line 26: platform = "WIN32"
Line 56: filename = "C:/Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"
[Your path will vary.]

3: Edit itunesparser.py
Line 44: return unquote(filename[17:])

4: Import, Browse, Play

5: Feel awesome
Thanks Jonathan for the confirmation.

Does anyone know how to get this to work if my iTunes library in on the network (another desktop that does not have XBMC)?

I have a little laptop that I have XBMC running in my living room, but all my media lives on the Desktop.

Thanks.

ps. Awesome forum! XBMC Rules!

jonathanXBMC Wrote:Thanks for the info in this thread; I was able to get the iTunes plugin working with XBMC 9.11, iTunes 9.1.1.11, Windows7.

I know I am replying to an old thread, but I just went through this with positive results and wanted to share.

1: Install plugin

2: Edit default.py
Line 26: platform = "WIN32"
Line 56: filename = "C:/Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"
[Your path will vary.]

3: Edit itunesparser.py
Line 44: return unquote(filename[17:])

4: Import, Browse, Play

5: Feel awesome
working like a champ after following the directions in the thread!

Only issue is that all of the file lists seem to be in non alphabetized order. Now way to sort it. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?
Any Way to get this working with Dharma and Itunes 10??
jsnkid Wrote:Any Way to get this working with Dharma and Itunes 10??

I am also interested in this.

I have my whole iTunes Database on my Windows Home Server, where also all Movies for XBMC are located. This way it would be really nice to play some tracks, since the are all taged with logos etc.

Thanks
I'm interested in this as well. I'd prefer not to have to rearrange all my music folders, ID3 tags, folder.jpg art, etc to get this to work. My music looks great in iTunes, and I'd love to have XBMC use it.
Me too any help getting my itunes into xbmc would be great
Hi there,

I tried to use the PlugIn with XBMC 10 and iTunes 10 on my computer (Win7/32bit, german, XBMC language german). What I have done:
  • extract the files to %APPDATA%\XBMC\plugins\music\ (after installation of XBMC 10 there was no directory "plugins"Huh So I created it. Is this right??)
  • not quiet sure, so also extracted the files to C:\Program files\XBMC\plugins\music\iTunes\ (after installation of XBMC 10 there also was no directory "plugins"Huh So I created it. Is this right??)
  • edit the files like described
  • Start XBMC
  • navigate to MUSIC
  • select "add source" (not "select add on"!)
  • looking for an entry like "iTunes", but there was nothing like this. :-(

Is there a wrong step in my installation or something missing or is XBMC 10 simply not supported by this plugin??

ThanX,
:-) Monty
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37313
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,
thanX pecinko for your link, I have downloaded now the alfredjquack.addon, but - sorry, I'm a newbie.... - I need some support. I've tried about 2 hrs. to get it running without success. Can someone please explain me in brief words what are the steps I have to do for getting the iTunes-Plugin running on my System?

System: HTPC Zotac ION with Win7/32 and iTunes10, XBMC10 (both newest versions). ITunes library XML on local machine.
  • Where to copy the plugin? "C:\program files\xbmc\addons" or "%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons"?
  • What to edit exactly in which PY or XML?
  • After starting XBMC, have I to load the plugin or loads it automatically?
  • Where must the plugin appear? SYSTEM -> ADD-ONs? SYSTEM anywhere else? MUSIC -> ADD-ONs? MUSIC -> ADD Source?

Thanks a lot to all!! :-)

Monty

Monty, go post there so Alfred can hear you. Welcome to forums :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes plugin in XBMC for Windows?1