Solved PageUp, PageDown, Home, End all work as PageDown key
I'm running macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 on an M1 Mac mini.

I just upgraded to Kodi 20.3 on my Mac last night and today I notice that when I press the PageUp, Home or End key on my keyboard, they all act as the PageDown key. I first tried going into the KeyMap editor and explicitly set the PageUp key, but it shoed the same code ID as for PageDown. After a little searching online, I found a post that mentioned enabling debug logging and checking there for the Key ID. However, when I look at the log with debug enabled, all four of those keys (PageUp, PageDown, Home, End) show the same log entry:

HandleKey: 0 (0xf200, obc-61697) pressed, window 10016, action is pagedown

When I pressed other keys, they behave as expected (so far, I haven't tried every key yet).

Does anybody have any ideas what is going on?
tried on fresh 20.3 in the same environment (just my mini is Intel) and I don't even understand where those 4 buttons should work - the main menu just as text input or source selection ignore those buttons.

in the debug log I see that the 4 buttons are recognised correctly though, the order is home - end - page up - page down:
Quote:Keyboard: scancode: 0x73, sym: 0x01, unicode: 0x01, modifier: 0x0
Keyboard: scancode: 0x77, sym: 0x04, unicode: 0x04, modifier: 0x0
Keyboard: scancode: 0x74, sym: 0x0b, unicode: 0x0b, modifier: 0x0
Keyboard: scancode: 0x79, sym: 0x0c, unicode: 0x0c, modifier: 0x0
but for all of them there's no action in the aforementioned places:
Quote:HandleKey: 0 (0xf200, obc-61697) pressed, window 10000, action is 
This and the Fn bug are now fixed in master : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24556
fixed build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/OSX-64/33062...x86_64.dmg (and all next nightlies as well)
Thread marked solved.
Whoa!  So I recently upgraded from a Mac Mini 2011 to a Mac Mini 2023.  The reason it took me so long to upgrade was because of Apple's anti-consumer decision to remove the built-in IR receiver from its Mac Mini several years ago thereby rendering all of its own Apple Remote devices useless.  The Apple Remote on the Mac Mini 2011 had worked flawlessly over many revisions of KODI over the years with no special mapping or additional hardware required.  It just worked!  Several years ago, I had bought a couple of those FLIRC receivers also so that I could use other remotes other than just Apple with KODI.  The FLIRC solution sort of works with KODI, but it's kind of clunky.  On this new Mac Mini 2023 under Sonoma, I'm noticing that none of the various remotes that I have really function seamlessly in KODI v19 using either FLIRC or any Bluetooth solutions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PageUp, PageDown, Home, End all work as PageDown key0