v21 I've been getting crashes on Omega for a long time... time to investigate?
I'm not sure where I can report this. But for a while I have been having crashes while testing the Omega builds. As we get closer to final release, I think maybe it's time I report them (so far I thought "it's alpha, it's beta, etc.").

Nothing is in the logs, it's not that the program hangs or anything. It simply closes and the machine goes back to desktop.

For every crash I have a .dmp file in my userdata directory and a txt with content like this (numbers change for every crash but the structure is always like this):

Thread 12220 (process 11916)
# 0

Are these files of interest to the developers? How best to report this, in order to eliminate the crashes?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Those files are the only clues so yes they are of interest!
Please open a github issue and attach the .dmp and .txt
Would be good if you could indicate which version of Kodi created which files.
Or just start with the ones that you know come from beta 2 for example.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-01-18, 17:19)CrystalP Wrote: Those files are the only clues so yes they are of interest!
Ok, thank you. I will do that.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-01-18, 17:19)CrystalP Wrote: Those files are the only clues so yes they are of interest!
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24566

Edit: Karellen removed the ignored rules label

I created the issue. I provided all details possible but I got flagged for ignoring the template. I did not think it was mandatory but just a template to follow in order to provide all relevant information, which I had provided using different words, order, etc.

I updated the issue in order to follow the template as closely as possible but the issue still is flagged. I hope you can look into it. Thanks.
I cleared the bot warnings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I've been getting crashes on Omega for a long time... time to investigate?0