PM3.HD skin problem (Atlantis Beta 1)
Ahhhh I didn't know that. Yes, the script downloader was exactly what I was referring to. Sounds good.
Jezz_X Wrote:Because the more options you add the harder it is for new users to get to grips with it
Programs was deliberately not done because OSX win32 and Linux that the skin was made for can not properly run programs.
This is the whole reason the old PM3 is still included in the SVN so people can still use it on xbox and be no worse off then they were the day before PM3.HD was added
I guess the counter argument was that Programs is integral to the Xbox and XBMC was (and still largely is) a dashboard replacement. In filling that gap, i believe access to programs is necessary.

But yes I see your point... the bottom line is that XBMC has grown beyond the Xbox and now is fading away in it's effort to corner the cross platform market.

I could use the old the old PMIII yes, but the new one is a tease so I don't want to drive the old hoopty skin any more.

Well, I have access to my games, and emulators via the favorites menu. Can you (or anyone) just tell me how to encompass a background skin when acessing programs this way. Right now, it's just black.
When I get a chance I am going to finish / make all the program windows properly so if someone adds a link to programs in the main menu it will work and look OK I kind of came to the conclusion if someone has a Program element in their favorites from another skin and use it to access the window it will be black so that is a bug I will fix sooner than later. But I'm still not officially adding a button to home for a while yet
Jezz, any thoughts about this?

When you show the controls (the cross-shaped control with FF, REW, audio, bookmarks, etc) in the old PM3 it also displayed the current position within the video in the upper right corner. I was accustomed to this behavior and miss it. Any reason why it was removed? Any chance we could get an option to show it again?
How do you go aabout submitting a patch?
I'm a long-time Xbox/XBMC user.

PM3.HD is unusable without Programs access.
then don't use it
problem solved
Jezz_X...How's this for a temp Xbox Solution?

Could you post more details of how you got programs on the home screen?Cool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
You guys can just stick programs in your favorites list and you'll be fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
paul Wrote:Could you post more details of how you got programs on the home screen?Cool

I edited the Home.xml,Myprograms.xml and MyGameSaves.xml..added the program backgrounds back from PM3 in the media directory then rebuilt the Home-Menu-Back.png file in the Media directory to allow for the 7th button..Here's some new shots and the link to the download this workaround.

I revised it since I last posted it to put the programs button back at the top of the menu

ImageImage

ImageImage

http://www.mediafire.com/?1pngfsc45ps

@Jezz_X ....I hope it was ok for me to post this...
PrimusZa1 Wrote:....@Jezz_X ....I hope it was ok for me to post this...
Sure its fine but just so you know I'm about to add an official one to the SVN
Jezz_X Wrote:Sure its fine but just so you know I'm about to add an official one to the SVN

No no thats much better! I knew I should have waited for you to post a reply from my first screen shots.. Thanks for the fix!!!
Thanks for the upload PrimusZa1, It saves me a whole load of work Rewriting .xmls
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Thanks for the upload PrimusZa1, It saves me a whole load of work Rewriting .xmls

No problem Paul but Jezz_X iplemeted this offically (and I must say way better then I didNod)the day I posted that. You might want to go to the SVN and grab the updated textures and XML from it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3.HD skin problem (Atlantis Beta 1)1