PM3.HD skin problem (Atlantis Beta 1)
Settings --> startup screen --> programs --> uh-oh, no background... which is really a more fundamental problem in that devs have seemingly forgotten about the xbox in cross-platform nirvana Wink

Can we get a programs button on the PM3 HD home screen as well as a background for programs?
I second this. I would love to use this and probably still will on my original xbox but will still like a programs tab. can a folder be added as a shortcut in favorites? I would test this but my xbox died last week and I will be picking up another in the next week or so....
yes it can, but no background .png
i'm using mediastream in the interim... kinda like it; sort of the hollywood version of PMIII.HD and it finally turned me over to library mode.

I don't know why the heck mediastream skin has videos, movies, and tv off the main blade though with seemingly no way to assign each to a different folder... maybe they are for different shares, but xbmc always remembers last so I guess you can see the problem with that. Anyway I digress...
The startup screen thing is a bug. Please post a trac report about it.

The missing programs is not a bug - it's by design, as most platforms don't have it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The startup screen thing is a bug. Please post a trac report about it.
This is a bit of a conflict of interest you see... it's quite obvious the bug fix is simply removing my programs as a start up option.
jmarshall Wrote:The missing programs is not a bug - it's by design, as most platforms don't have it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I was kind of afraid of that. But you see Jonathan, most platforms don't have a need for it. Isn't it obvious why it should probably be left on the Xbox, at least as an option in the settings? XBMC on the Xbox isn't running on a full fledged Operating System and Window Manager. W/o the option to go to get to one's emulators, Apps, and Xbox 1 Games... well it's disingenuous to the Xbox. Plus, a great many of us have spend a lot of time with icons/cover art and the like… this app is supposed to be a dashboard for the Xbox is it not? Plus, mediastream skin has not only ‘programs’ on the home window, but the option to disable such things… so why can’t the new default skin?
It's not a question of "leaving it on". The skin was designed from the ground up without it. It's thus a question of adding it in. I'm sure a patch would be most welcome (obviously only enabled when the platform is xbox).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I also really want to see the programs button back. Love the new PM3.HD skin and this is my only main gripe about it. Please don't forget about us xbox users Wink
Yep just spent hours coping all my Xbox games to HDD and setting up all the wide icons... kinda stuffed without it... Sad
jmarshall Wrote:It's not a question of "leaving it on". The skin was designed from the ground up without it. It's thus a question of adding it in. I'm sure a patch would be most welcome (obviously only enabled when the platform is xbox).

Cheers,
Jonathan
So then you and/or the other devs will work on this for the final build?
I won't, no. Whether anyone else does is up to them. Thus the request for a patch.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I always wondered why it was not a standard user option (for all skins) to enable/disable any individual home page menu's.

I can not imagine why someone would exclude programs, any more than they would exclude a video/movie, music or pictures menu.

As with all things, I guess it comes down to user preference and/or developer perogative.
Because the more options you add the harder it is for new users to get to grips with it
Programs was deliberately not done because OSX win32 and Linux that the skin was made for can not properly run programs.
This is the whole reason the old PM3 is still included in the SVN so people can still use it on xbox and be no worse off then they were the day before PM3.HD was added
Jezz, where do programs-style plugins go now?
They can go anywhere you like they work perfectly fine from the videos pictures or music plugin section.
But my original Idea was to actually give scripts its own plugins section for the ones like script downloader

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3.HD skin problem (Atlantis Beta 1)1