No way to disable subtitles during a movie reading
Hi everyone,

I really need your help & support about my issue.

Due to the bankruptcy of the company selling the zappiti player, many users are looking for a solution to manage their media library.

we recommend the Kodi + Xmbc wrapper solution.

Many people encounter a problem with the zapitti one 4k HDR: the subtitles are always present and cannot be deactivated.

Configuration
Fiwmare zapitti: 3.15
Xbmc 4.1.4.B8
Kodi 20.3

We did tests:
- if we go through the kodi palyer: ok it is possible to deactivate the subtitles
- if we launch the film via the zappiti file manager and on the zapitti player: ok it is possible to deactivate the subtitles
- If we call the internal zapitti players from Kodi using XMBC, the subtitles are forced even if we set the parameters to off in Kodi and the zapitti player

May by it's necessary to give a fix to xmbc? What do you think about it?
Thank you in advance for your help
(2024-01-25, 09:51)mars4ever Wrote: Xbmc 4.1.4.B8
What exactly is this?
XBMC/Kodi Wrapper = it allows to make the link between the internal zappiti player and the Kodi app.

This method works for most people (with a Zappiti One HD 4K equipment) but for some people, we notice this phenomenom (impossible to disable the subtitles during a movie reading even if we desactived the subtitled in the kodi general parameters).

We also can’t disable the subtitles with the player remote (Even if we select subtitle = OFF on the menu, the subtitles stay on the screen)

Exemple of movie reading with subtitles even if it is disable in the parameters
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nobody can help me ?
you installed 3rd party software, xbmc wrapper does not come from kodi and is not affiliated
the software you installed comes from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bmcwrapper
i can't even find a site or github page to direct you to for help with that software
from your own description Kodi when used without the wrapper works fine so there is nothing to fix "in Kodi"

you need to track down the developer of your chosen 3rd party software to ask for help

oh and your own screenshot shows it was last updated Feb 17 2019 which was (almost) 5 years ago so you may also be dealing with 'abandon-ware'
Thank you for your return.

For your information, i just put a picture of the software XBMC/Kodi Wrapper but i use a new beta version 4.1.4.B8.

Several people using the Zappity ONE HDR 4K player installed this beta app version and it works (excepted with my player). That's the reason why I asked some help in this forum/

Perhaps, somebody has the same issue & already resolved it.
(2024-01-27, 23:37)mars4ever Wrote: but i use a new beta version 4.1.4.B8.

i see, then you should read this https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/beta-test

because typically beta testers tell the developer when things are broken so they can be fixed, the same thing i already suggested you should do
Have you found a solution to this issue?  I just loaded Xbmc wrapper into my Zappiti one due to the Kodi player having issues with Atmos and I can't get the subtitles to turn on.  I've talked to some people that have similar setups and they can turn the subtitles on and off no problem but I cant figure out what the difference is.
Whoops I meant off.  I cant turn the subtitles off
Sorry but I didn't find a solution unfortunetaly !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No way to disable subtitles during a movie reading0