Linux File Storage Locations
Hello,

I was wanting to hook up an old computer to my tv and use it as a sort of media hub. Been using Kodi on my main setup for a bit to have all the streaming services I've got access to in one place, I'm just wondering if there's some way I can copy over thingsl from this install to a new one? The install I've got now is on Arch (installed from the AUR) and I'd be wanting to copy it to a Debian system.

Mostly worried about plugins to be honest, others like logins, watch history and settings I can reconfigure myself but I suppose it would be nice to have them along too.
(2024-01-26, 23:40)Quade Wrote: Mostly worried about plugins to be honest

which plugins are we dealing with then?
(2024-01-26, 23:48)izprtxqkft Wrote: which plugins are we dealing with then?

Main ones are Amazon VOD (Sandman97, Varstahl), Composite (anxdpanic), Netflix (libdev, jojo, asciidisco, caphm, castagnait), Disney+ (Slyguy)
(2024-01-27, 00:45)Quade Wrote:
(2024-01-26, 23:48)izprtxqkft Wrote: which plugins are we dealing with then?

Main ones are Amazon VOD (Sandman97, Varstahl), Composite (anxdpanic), Netflix (libdev, jojo, asciidisco, caphm, castagnait), Disney+ (Slyguy)

those are easy enough to transfer from the addon_data folder to the new machine

best option is to backup the current .kodi folder entirely to a tar.gz, setup the new system as new, install the addons then when everything is in place pull the respective folders from the backup in addon_data
i know this works with amazon vod and disney+, expect it to also work fine with netflix, i don't know anything about composite but also expect to work
(2024-01-27, 01:38)izprtxqkft Wrote: those are easy enough to transfer from the addon_data folder to the new machine

best option is to backup the current .kodi folder entirely to a tar.gz, setup the new system as new, install the addons then when everything is in place pull the respective folders from the backup in addon_data
i know this works with amazon vod and disney+, expect it to also work fine with netflix, i don't know anything about composite but also expect to work

Okay, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Storage Locations0