Android Let's get controllers on Android fully working for v20.4
Ok. tried out your test build and you were correct.  The controller now works fine, but my remote no longer works.  Here my log in case it's any help.   ewuconuxad.kodi (paste)
I'm gonna go back to the standard kodi 20.5 as watching media is more important to me than playing games. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for testing, that's a great data point. And I wish I could finish the joystick work and get remotes working too, but you know, bills gotta get paid. I try to take 2 or 3 months off work for a Kodi feature or other side project, and given that I spent all January on the new Player Viewer, in a few months I'll be due for another Kodi sesh and getting Android input working is my top priority. Check back in a few months and see if there's any progress!
I’ve been using kodi since the original Xbox days so I truly appreciate what you and all the devs do. I’ll be happy to help test when you’re able to work on it again.
Hi @garbear . Sorry it took me so long to test this. Since I've taken so long to reply I wasn't sure what build I should be testing, or if you still need me to test this.

I tried with the last version in the Play Store (20.5 for me right now), the controllers aren't working. But the last build you asked to test in this thread (20.4 rc) everything seems to be working good. For now this is the log with the 20.4rc, and this is the log with 20.5.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thank you for working on solving this!
So in the last two months, I got the joystick fixes perfect for *almost* all controllers, but it broke remotes. So it was reverted in the upstream repo. I still carry the fixes in my test builds, which you have the option of using (at the expense of breaking Android remotes).

My high priority task is to fix controllers *without* breaking remotes, but my Kodi time is currently limited now and in the near future, so it'll be a while before I'm able to do this.

Thanks for helping to test!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Let's get controllers on Android fully working for v20.40