set artist thumb
In kodi 21 the “set artist thumb” function is not available under music videos. You can select an image, but it will not be adopted. In kodi including 20.3 the function is still ok If this is in the wrong place, I'll ask a mod to move it to the right place.

Regards
Hello, dear Kodi friends, since I receive absolutely no response to the above-mentioned post, I wonder whether the problem has been recorded. I'm currently checking the 21 nightly every two days, but I don't see any improvement. Thanks for the change.
Is this what you are talking about ?  If not, please provide some screenshots to explain what you think is wrong.

So, music video artists - no thumbs.

Open the artist information dialog and select the "choose art" button

If it doesn't say thumbnail in the box, click the add art type button and add "thumbnail"

Then, click on thumbnail and browse to the image you want

Once you have selected your image, press back to go back to the list of artists. Thumb should be visible.

However, if your music video artists are already in your music library, then all the thumbs, biographies etc for them are fetched automatically.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
First of all, thank you for the detailed answer. I'll test your version later, but for now the way I'm used to it and how it worked until Kodi 20.3.
The only thing I'm missing under music videos is artist images, for which I don't have any data (CDs) under music (see Achim Reichel).Image

For the artists for whom I have music data, the artist information (such as biography, folder, fanart, clearlogo) is automatically added to the
music video artists (see Led Zeppelin).

Now I can't insert a biography fanart or clear logo for video artists for which I don't have music data, but if I select the corresponding artist (Achim Reichel) and open the context menu, select the menu item "set artist thumb". This also works in the faulty version. I can then go to Select and then navigate to the folder that also contains the music video. I put a picture of the artist in this folder. I can then select that too. Unfortunately, the image is not adopted, but the empty placeholder remains.
I noticed a peculiarity. I use the German language. The incorrect version contains the English term “browse”, while the working version (kodi 20.3) contains the German term “Auswählen”
Many thanks for your help
Ah, got it.  You are using the option in the context menu, not the option in the info dialog.  I can unfortunately confirm that I can replicate your issue using the context menu item and therefore it should be raised as a bug on github.  If you can confirm which version(s) you have that work and which that don't, then that will probably help narrow down where the bug was introduced.

I don't know much about video or art (or anything really!!) but I'll try and help as much as I can.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thank you very much for your help.
This makes me optimistic that the error will be fixed. Would you please forward this to the right place? I'm really overwhelmed by this. The function to include an image via the context menu still works perfectly under Kodi 20.3. I use a Shield 2019 pro with the skin Estuary mod V2 from the kodinerds board. From the first kodi 21 alpha until today (Nighty version from 02/07/24) the function is faulty.
If you need further information, feel free to provide it. I'm so glad for the help.
Hello black_eagle,

I really think we're still talking past each other a little bit. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in my context menu if I don't have any music CDs from a video artist (Achim Reichel). There you see a picture because I created it with Kodi 20.3.

In contrast, the context menu of a video artist from whom I also have CDs under Music (Adele)

If you now look at both context menus, you will see that the menu item “Information” is missing for Achim Reichel (and therefore the option to insert a graphic) but is there for Adele. For me this means that since all the information such as fanart biography and clear logo are available, this is the context menu from music. In contrast, the Achim Reichel context menu is purely a music video context menu. You can also see that the menu item “Iset artist thumb” is available. This item is missing (because it is not needed) in the music context menu, so the menu item "set artist thumb" is the only way to insert an image. And it is precisely this function that is still incorrect in Kodi 21 to this day (night of February 7, 2024). How You (Black_Eagle) described it above only works if you also have music files from this artist.

Addendum:

I always called up the context menu by long pressing the "ok" button on the FB, since I don't use a keyboard at all. I just connected a keyboard and pressed the "i" key. The option then appears to insert a graphic.
I can confirm the mistake (bug).
Also for me the entry "Information" in the context menu is missing. Under Music Videos / Artist , if the artist is not in the music database.
Kodi 21 beta 2 Windows and Android.
Good morning dear kodi friends, @black_eagle,

For you to narrow down:

Adding artists thumb via the context menu also works with the latest Nightly kodi 20.3 from February 6th, 2024
Good evening Kodi friends. If you have read this and it is still possible, I would like to integrate the menu item "Information" in the context menu of music videos (as it can be found in the context menu of music). You can use the "i" key on a keyboard to display the information under View music videos. However, I only use the remote control in my daily use of Kodi. I have now temporarily connected a keyboard and created the missing images such as Fanarts Folder Clearlogo of all artists of music videos for which I have no data under Music under Kodi 21 Beta 3.
Thank you for reading this novel. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set artist thumb0