What is the naming convention for music videos?
As the thread title asks, how should I name my music video files so that Kodi will recognize and correctly scrape them? Thanks.

Tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Well, it tells you in the wiki but I will repeat it here for your convenience. For the music video scraper to work, your music video must be titled Artist - Title.ext. Note that that is <space><hyphen><space> and that those spaces are important.

To be fair though, that will only give you minimal information and you are probably better off using nfo files. There is an example template here
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2024-02-01, 09:58)black_eagle Wrote: Well, it tells you in the wiki but I will repeat it here for your convenience. For the music video scraper to work, your music video must be titled Artist - Title.ext. Note that that is <space><hyphen><space> and that those spaces are important.

To be fair though, that will only give you minimal information and you are probably better off using nfo files. There is an example template here
Thank you for your answer.
Sorry to put my thoughts here but I have the same question that could interest other users.
I am a bit disconcerted/embarrassed as other media (music tracks and film ) should be placed in distinct directories, ie for music: Music dir > Artist dir > Album dirs.
In the link provided, everything is in the same directory.

Moreover, how to organise and name a music video as DVD dirs and files or Blu-ray (dirs and files format)?
And BTW, where and how to organise and name a music (only) as DVD-A or Blu-ray audio (dirs and files format)? Some as well have a fixed picture and/or a menu to go through.

Thanks
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2024-02-01, 09:58)black_eagle Wrote: Well, it tells you in the wiki but I will repeat it here for your convenience. 
black-eagle,

I'm sorry, you are correct, it was in a very obvious place in the wiki. Thanks for the advice.

Tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Edit:
How to organise and name a music video as file (ie: .mkv, .ts) plus extra bonus files?

For music video in disk format, is it better to use them in .ISO format?
(2024-02-01, 16:50)MrNice Wrote: For music video in disk format, is it better to use them in .ISO format?

Doesn't matter.  I have .iso files, mkv, mp4 and vob files in my music videos and they all scan in correctly for me (using nfo files).

As for organisation, I have a "music videos" directory with stuff sorted inside that. Most of it is in individual directories (but not all!).

EGImage
Thanks a lot for the info.
May I ask a bit more
-Could you show a screenshot with 1-2 dir opened to see what files you have in.
-How do you fill the .nfo, auto or manual. What is your process after moving the files in the source dir?
-When you have a main video file plus some extras, how do you see the extras (beside the main or have to go inside the dir) and how do you start them.

BTW when you have DVD (VIDEO_TS, etc) or BD (STREAM dir, etc) do they pay when you click on the thumb?
(2024-02-01, 19:03)MrNice Wrote: -Could you show a screenshot with 1-2 dir opened to see what files you have in.

Sure, I hope these help.

(2024-02-01, 19:03)MrNice Wrote: -How do you fill the .nfo, auto or manual. What is your process after moving the files in the source dir?.

I use MediaElch to create most of my nfo files. It has a nice "concerts" tab and most of them can be scraped from imdb.
(2024-02-01, 19:03)MrNice Wrote: When you have a main video file plus some extras, how do you see the extras (beside the main or have to go inside the dir) and how do you start them.

I don't really have extras - apart from some that are on dvd but those play fine from the extras menu of the dvd (either in iso format or vob files in a video_ts directory).
(2024-02-01, 19:03)MrNice Wrote: BTW when you have DVD (VIDEO_TS, etc) or BD (STREAM dir, etc) do they pay when you click on the thumb?

Yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the naming convention for music videos?0