[SOLVED] Artwork for Compilation not Showing
Currently struggling (probably unnecessarily) with construction of my Music Library.  Version (Linux Mint 21.3; Kodi 20.2).  At the moment, I have created a small (experimental) music database ('Tropical') as a 'playground' until I better understand how everything links together.  The Wiki was helpful but (I fear) not really up to date.  Review of forum threads and internet searches have revealed some nuggets of information.  But struggling with artwork.
One portion of my collection includes several 'singles' (i.e., single tracks).  I assumed I might be able to list these in a single file location, and manage them like a 'compilation'.  A search of the database (Music > Singles) appears to list the 'singles' entries correctly.  Clicking on each 'single' displays the (Tagged) CD cover correctly.  And they play correctly.  Although this appears to work, I'm not sure this is the correct configuration.  Seems to me I should be doing something at the Tagging level.  However my may question..., attaching (fanart.jpg) artwork seems a little squirrely.
  • Singles are currently located in a 'Singles' file ('/.../Music/Tropical/Singles/artist1-track1, artist2-track2, etc.') file
  • I have assigned a Artist Information Folder, and included an artist entry for each 'single'.
  • Settings for both artist and album are 'Local information only'.
  • Each artist entry contains an NFO file.  Although the file is only currently populated with name and genre.
  • I can search the music database by 'Artist', and selection of an artist correctly displays the single assigned track.
  • The track correctly displays the (Tagged) CD cover and plays.
  • However, the single does not display fanart.
I originally placed fanart.jpg files within each of several individual ('/Music-Artist Information/Artist/') artist files.  These fail to display.
I moved the fanart.jpg files to the list of 'singles'.  That is, to the '/Music/Tropical/Singles' file.  Still fail to display.

I did note in one thread,
Quote:Artwork needs to be in the folder at the time of first scan of that album. Scanning an album, then adding artwork later and running another scan does nothing as the album which is already in the database is just skipped over.

Wondering if my repetitive attempts to correctly place artwork are not working due to residual artwork from previous attempts.  Do I need to purge the Music source between experiments?
Is it possible to manage my 'singles in this fashion?  As a compilation?
Any nuggets to share?
Thanks,
Mike952
Press <i> to open the artist information window.  Click the 'choose art' button.  In the window that opens, if it does not say fanart in the left pane, then click on add art type on the right and type in fanart.  Select fanart in the left pane and navigate to the art you want via the <browse> option.  Fanart should be displayed immediately.

Singles are not compilations and Kodi uses several tests to decide whether an album is a compilation or not.  If you don't add album_artist and album_artists tags to a song, then it will be a single.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black_eagle,
I had suspected something trivial.  Perhaps I was just standing to close to see it.
'fanart' in 'artist information' appears to be fine (i.e., not the problem).  However, your tip regarding the 'album_artist' tag was 'spot on'.  I think I am 'Golden' now.

Thanks,
Mike952

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Artwork for Compilation not Showing0