Video Library and TV Shows
Question 
Hi folks,

I can't seem to figure out how to get my TV Shows added to the video library when I keep them all in the same folder.

That is, this format works fine:
TVShows\Simpsons\01x01-Pilot.avi

But this does not:
TVShows\TheSimpsons-01x01-Pilot.avi

I've found the <tvshowmatching> setting in advancedsettings.xml, but it only matches season numbers and episode numbers. I can't find a setting for matching the show name.
Show name is taken as the foldername.

You MUST have folders for your shows, named correctly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jmarshall.

That's disappointing, as right now I just have shows automatically download into the same folder without any need for me needing to move shows into. Manually moving each show into a folder seems a tad tedious - or maybe I just watch to much tv :-D

Are there any reasons you know of why the show folder name is a requirement? It seems a regular expression such as /(.*)(\d\d?x\d\d?)/ could bring back the show name along with the season and episode number.
The code relies on it. Simple as that. A patch would certainly be explored, but it would be non-trivial, as we use the folder as the "root" of where the tv show lies. This helps sorting out local thumbnails, fanart, information and so on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

punchmonkey you should pm me where you got those simpsons episodes i'm trying to find seasons 1 though 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library and TV Shows0