Beta Library Refresh - Work in process add-on that updates libraries automatically
Hello guys!

Just a little invitation to try an add-on that I have been working on for the past few months. It's called Kodi Library Refresh.

It is inspired by and does the similar thing to what Library Watchdog add-on used to do. The add-on watches for file system changes for your Kodi media sources and updates the library (or libraries) automatically whenever there are changes detected.

I found Library Watchdog add-on several months ago. It somewhat worked for me, but there were issues. For example, it was not cleaning the library at all if I deleted or moved files. Pretty quickly I found out that the add-on was not supported anymore, unfortunately. I dived into the code myself, fixed that issue with cleaning, but soon bumped into something else that didn't work for me. Eventually I gave up fixing my findings. It was easy to break existing, fine working features as the add-on didn't have any tests. So partly for fun, as a little hobby project, partly because I wanted an automatic library update feature for my Kodi setup, I decided to make an add-on for myself and then see if I can get it into a good shape, so it can be shared and published.

I haven't try to publish the add-on to the official Kodi repository yet mainly for two reasons:

- It's not yet well tested. For example, have no idea if it works on macOS, I only tested on Linux and Windows. I basically only piloted the add-on in my LibreELEC setup and a little bit on Windows too. I'm sure there are issues to be discovered from other Kodi setups.
- It doesn't support network media sources yet, only local media sources.

The add-on's page is available on GitHub here. The zip installation file can be downloaded from latest releases page, look for kodi-library-refresh-x.x.x.zip file under Assets.

So yeah, give the add-on a try, if you like, and hopefully someone find it useful. Feel also free to let me know if it works, or if it doesn't, in your particular Kodi setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Refresh - Work in process add-on that updates libraries automatically0