Unlock specific add-on. Lock add-on settings.
I've set up a separate profile for the kids. It shows only Favorites, and the only thing in Favorites is the youtube add-on. However, for it to not require the master lock code to open YouTube I apparently have to allow all add-ons. The problem is that it's possible to navigate from the YouTube add-on to anywhere else in "Video", including "Video/Add-ons". Can I restrict this somehow?
Also, how can I allow the YouTube add-on to be opened without a code, while not allowing its settings to be changed without a code?
Hmm... it seems like I more or less managed to do it by locking down all but "videos window" and "programs & scripts windows" and showing only favorites in the UI and have only the desired add-on in favorites. However, it's still possible to navigate from the add-on to the "Videos" list, and from there to "Videos/Add-ons", which enables the user to run all available add-ons. Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying.
If it's in a profile, can't you just disable all the other addons in that profile.  Not sure if you can lock the addon browser (don't have any real experience with locks).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unlock specific add-on. Lock add-on settings.0