v21 Issue when creating bookmark thumbnails
I have two portable installations of Kodi in my Windows PC. They're exactly the same version, the latest nightly Omega builds, and the movies are the same, but when creating bookmarks thumbnails I get different results...

As you can see, they're exactly the same moment, the same movie, but no matter what video I try, the results are always the same, the thumbnail only shows the upper left part (the same happens even with streams videos). I have revised all the video and content settings and they're the same. In addition, I tried old Kodi versions and the result is the same, some of my portable installations create correct thumbnails, but others don't... Anyone knows what could be the cause? Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I kept investigating this odd issue and finally I found the cause (that I think it's a Kodi bug). If you use advancedsetting.xml and you put in it the line...

<imageres>9999</imageres>

...you'll get the issue mentioned in the previous post with your bookmark thumbnails. Note that I have that line in advancedsettings because according to the wiki:
Quote:Library artwork
Note: Using <imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size. 
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Good catch, seems like a genuine bug, you can create a github issue.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-03-07, 18:29)CrystalP Wrote: Good catch, seems like a genuine bug, you can create a github issue.

Thanks, already done.
This issue has been around since at least Matrix, as I'm still using that version.
Ironically, I had asked a team member very recently if the same behaviour was occurring on their Nexus and Omega installs, but I guess they must have been busy, since I didn't get any confirmation, hence the reason I never raised the issue myself.
Good to have confirmation and that the problem has also been reported as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue when creating bookmark thumbnails0