container.content(moviesroot) and container.content(tvroot)
Right now the root nodes of tv shows and movies don't have a container.content type, I'd like one so I can do a label based on them. Is there already a way to do this that I don't know about or should I post a trac ticket?
Freddo Wrote:Right now the root nodes of tv shows and movies don't have a container.content type, I'd like one so I can do a label based on them. Is there already a way to do this that I don't know about or should I post a trac ticket?

Check the list of info labels and the list of boolean conditions and see what you can come up with. I can see a solution for your problem. These kind of things are learned better when you see them for yourself.
I'm already familiar with both of those pages and I spent a while trying to think of a way to do this and drew a blank, is there any chance you could just tell me? it's probably something to do with isempty(somelabel) or similar but I can't work out what.
Okay I think I can sort of do this with isempty(listitem.label2), however this only returns true at all the root nodes, and doesn't allow me to distinguish between them at all. I really need a unique condition for each root node, I've had a look through various other skins xml's and can't find anyone doing anything similar, are you sure this is possible chi3f?
wow... triple post, so...is this really possible or is chi3f just pulling my leg? if not I'll submit a trac ticket.
I could be wrong but he might be referring to something like this. When you click on TVshows do a set bool of "tvshows". Then add a line to your view/label similar to this <visible>Skin.Hassetting(tvshows) + !Container.Content(episodes)</visible>

I had to work some fanciness like this in my Aeon Mod and again in the skin I am currently working on. Cheers.
Yeah I've seen that approach in Aeon, it works okay until someone say.. goes to tv, then backs out again to the root node of the whole videos catagory and hits movies, then you're in a movies section but it still says TV shows, and the background art is tv still too. It's confusing, I'd really like to be able to do it properly, and as far as I can see the only way to do so is to get a proper container.content for these root nodes. I'll submit a trac ticket now.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5016

Ticket Submitted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
container.content(moviesroot) and container.content(tvroot)1