Android External Android Player for video files only
Hi,

I'm struggling with my playercorefactory xml settings for Android.

I would like to use MX Player Pro to handle all of my video files stored on my HD but for everything else i'd like to use the internal player.

I've been over to the Kodi Wiki for help but i'm not very technical to be honest.

Also it it possible to have a rule for a specifc plugin to use the internal player by default?

Here's what I have.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/luremoyizo

Probably got this completely mixed up so apologies if i'm dumb!

Cheers
I'm guessing there's little interest in my question which is a shame as others are probably experiencing the same audio issues as me.

i'm running a Shield Pro but i've got serious audio latency issues with kodi as my standard player hence using an external player such as MX Player.

I've tried the official and nightly versions of Kodi and both have audio delays.

Passthrough isn't enabled as I have heard that this can cause latency issues.

Yes you could say that I can set the audio delay manually but that's not practical for every occurance of the audio delays.

Kodi has gradually got worse for me in this repect on every release.

I tested the same video files with Kodi for Windows and LibreElec and they play perfectly. 

LibreElec as it's nothing to do with Kodi but I thought i'd just throw that into the mix. 

I have even downgraded to a previous version of Kodi and audio latency still exists.

The files also play perfectly using MX Player as an external player so it definately looks like it's a specific Kodi for Android issue.  

I also need to mention that these are different file types of files MKV's, Avi's and MP4's.

Streaming stutters using MX Player hence my need for a mix of the inbuilt dvdplayer or videoplayer and  MX Player re my original help request.

I've resigned myself to a work around which isn't ideal.

I've got 2 devices.  One i'm running for local storage playerback (Shield Pro) for MKV's Avi's and MP4's etc using MX player as an external player and the other device (Firecube) I will use for streaming.  

My original question/help request is now redundant but my other question is can Kodi mark the video as watched on an external player after a specfic interval?

I thought this line in the config was for that arguement but if it is then it doesn't work.

Again i'm no expert so maybe someone can answer that question?

<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>

Thanks
Really? Absolutely no response from any of the admin or devs.Wow guys. Not really complicated questions to be fair.
I'm no expert on this, but this line doesn't look right:

<rule video="true" player=""/>MXPlayerPro" />

At the very least there's a rogue "/> in there...

Based on the wiki page - External players (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks. It's the marked as played that's an issue. MX Player does a good job (way better than Kodi) but doesn't mark the file as played. Ok so it's an external player and the Kodi Devs only care about Kodi as a player. The trouble is kodi player is bugged to hell. Audio latency is absolutely appalling and has never been fixed for years. It's had the same issues. Looking for alternatives as every release gets worse and more bugs are created. Definitely a case of getting the basics right and don't try to fix what ain't broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Android Player for video files only0