Android Fire TV Stick & KODI 21: Why is permission asked for audio recordings?
Hi,

If you have installed KODI on a Fire TV Stick, when you start KODI, in addition to the normal question of permission to access media, you are also asked for permission to make audio recordings. Why should KODI be allowed to make audio recordings? I have never made any audio recordings with KODI and have not discovered any necessary functionality in this regard anywhere.

By the way, I installed KODI a few months ago, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) has the latest firmware and I was asked for permission to access media and audio recordings a total of 2 times within the last week when I started KODI. This didn't happen the months before - only after the first installation. Why the repeated requests?
Voice Assist
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is that a thing? Where can I find it? I can't see it anywhere in the KODI settings. And it can't have anything to do with Alexa from the Fire TV Stick, because Alexa works wherever I am in the system, in every app. Just pushing the button and Alexa listens. But btw. Alexa doesn't really "work" here. Even dictation doesn't work in KODI, instead Alexa searches for films in Prime Video when I push the button and say something when I am in KODI. I haven't found a voice assistant anywhere in KODI itself.
And why did I have to agree to this again for the second time in a week? Audio recording and access to all media.
Today I was asked again for permission for KODI to make audio recordings AND for KODI to have access to all media. Why does this happen again and again - for about 3 weeks now?
Why can't you just Allow the Permissions? 

The 2nd gen. 4K/Max FTV stick is Android 11 so security is enhanced by default, allowing permissions doesn't have wide over arching reach like it used to, nothing to worry about while using KODI.
@ricklar I allow the permissions every time. Now I have just got the question again. I have again allowed both audio recordings and access to all media ("Always allow"). A few times I am not asked again, but then I start KODI again and AGAIN I am asked for permissions. It is not a question of whether I want to allow it - but THAT I am asked again and again. It is annoying.
That would be more on the Android side of things rather than Kodi, annoying though it may well be.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
dajana.s Wrote: I haven't found a voice assistant anywhere in KODI itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick & KODI 21: Why is permission asked for audio recordings?0