Solved Latest Nightlie wont download - "Virus detected"
I just tried to download the latest nightly (KodiSetup-20240317-172230e9-master-x64.exe) but Microsoft Security is preventing it and says "Virus Detected". Previous Nightlies have all been (and still are) OK Does anyone else have the same? Is this a false positive or an actual issue ??

Thanks
No such warning from my Window Security.
Just updated my win 10 pc with the same one, no problems at all, but i use the Kodi Windows Installer addon, i dont download the image.
When the files are newly released, they occasionally pop up like this as false positives until a few people download and the algorithms in the anti-virus software updates enough to be able to recognise them properly.

That isn't to say of course you should always assume a false positive, but such reactions from the AV kit is sadly not unusual.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah is ok again on mine now since today's Microsoft definition update (17th) must have just been an issue with yesterday's definition file
Thread marked solved.
Actually I spoke too soon  I actually have this on 2 windows 11 PCs Running latest Microsoft virus definitions. But on anthor PC it is OK, very odd :-( Previous Nightlies download OK so its not a general issue. I'll leave it and try the next nightlie when its released
I wouldn't trust a virus checker that gives false positives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Nightlie wont download - "Virus detected"0