Solved Only one color video
Hello,

I'm using an old Wetab tablet (x86) with Windows 8.1 and the newest Kodi 20.5. Everything works fine, except the video is showing only one color,
means the background is e.g. green, when the movie is mostly green. This single.color background is changing when the main color in the movie is changing. 
Audio is working fine. The preview thumbnail is build and shown correctly.
I tried every combination of the video setting (windowed or fullscreen, delacing, buffering, ... you name it).
The same movie plays well when I use VLC on the same machine. 
I put the log file here: cequhekiga (paste)

Every idea what I can test is very much appreciated.

Best regards
Clas
From the specs as listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeTab it seems that Memory1 GB (RAM) is available, which would seem to be insufficient after loading up. Kodi runs well on what are relatively "underpowered" systems, thanks to hardware video decoding being common on nearly all supported platforms. Supported hardware (wiki) There is likely issues in the gfx engine and I'm surprised that you got this far with it. This hardware might enjoy some feedback in our hardware forum https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112
Does the OSD appear normally while playing? You could go to video settings while playing and change the scaler to Bilinear.

Did you try render method = software? Turning off dxva?

There is a small possibility that v21 (currently in RC1) deals better with that hardware.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-03-18, 03:43)CrystalP Wrote: Does the OSD appear normally while playing? You could go to video settings while playing and change the scaler to Bilinear.

Did you try render method = software? Turning off dxva?
Yes, the OSD is showing correctly and I tried all these. There was not a single change in the video display by changing any of these options.
If you wish, I can move this post thread to 'hardware', suspect this is a hardware issue more than a windows support issue.
Strange. With software render method, there isn't much difference between the rendering of the GUI and of the video.
Given the age of the hardware it's likely that this started happening in the transition from D3D9 to D3D11 quite a few years ago.
There is not much information to go on, the log didn't contain errors. Maybe a log with v21rc2 would have a bit more.
Just in case you could set the compatibility level of kodi.exe to Win 7 or lower.
There isn't much more to be done when the devs don't have the hardware that has issues.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-03-19, 18:42)PatK Wrote: If you wish, I can move this post thread to 'hardware', suspect this is a hardware issue more than a windows support issue.

Thanks, but I created a similar hread in the hardware forum, but there was no response so far.
Wink 
(2024-03-20, 04:13)CrystalP Wrote: Strange. With software render method, there isn't much difference between the rendering of the GUI and of the video.
Given the age of the hardware it's likely that this started happening in the transition from D3D9 to D3D11 quite a few years ago.
There is not much information to go on, the log didn't contain errors. Maybe a log with v21rc2 would have a bit more.
Just in case you could set the compatibility level of kodi.exe to Win 7 or lower.
There isn't much more to be done when the devs don't have the hardware that has issues.
Thanks for the idea, with the binary in Windows Vista mode, the Software render method and version 17 (Krypto) it works now :-).
But as soon I change any of these (either switching render method or update to version 18 or higher or remove the compatibility mode) it no longer works.
But I'm happy with version 17 for now, many thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only one color video0