Solved Skip chapter - deactivation possible?
Hi,

Is it possible to deactivate chapter skipping in KODI 21? Sometimes I press the up button on the remote control once too much and - poof - a chapter in the film is fast-forwarded. This can lead to spoilers and is extremely annoying. I'm happy with fast-forwarding and rewinding by pressing right or left. But I don't want to navigate in chapters with up and down. Is it possible to switch this off completely and permanently?
Protip: Don't press up.

(tongue-in-cheek replay)
Edit the keymap so it does nothing:

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps
(2024-03-19, 16:33)Hitcher Wrote: Edit the keymap so it does nothing:

I don't want to deactivate the "up"-button function completely. Because this is necessary to navigate "upwards" to the timeline when pausing a film and to rewind and fast-forward with right and left. It is ONLY about deactivating the skipping forwards and backwards of chapters.
You don't disable it globally; only in fullscreen video.

xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<up>noop</up>
<down>noop</down>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2024-03-19, 21:34)Hitcher Wrote: You don't disable it globally; only in fullscreen video.

xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<up>noop</up>
<down>noop</down>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
Okay, but I need to push at least one time "up" in Fullscreenmode to get to the timeline (not the upper one for chapters), where I then press right or left to rewind or fast-forward (Estuary Theme). Or do you mean that while the movie is playing this way the "up" button is deactivated and the moment I press the menu button for example and all the options and timelines appear the "up" button works again?
(2024-03-21, 02:22)dajana.s Wrote: Or do you mean that while the movie is playing this way the "up" button is deactivated and the moment I press the menu button for example and all the options and timelines appear the "up" button works again?
Correct.
@Hitcher It was hard to try, because there was no descripton, where to put this code into. I thought it belongs into the advancedsettings.xml - but after additional research you have to create a *.xml file with such code and put it into the keymap-folder AND you have to not just deactivate the up/down button for a "keyboard", but also have to edit the code for "remote" (in my case I also added code for universalremote and gamepad, too). So just for those who just want to know.
(2024-03-23, 02:56)dajana.s Wrote: It was hard to try, because there was no descripton, where to put this code into.
Should all be in the link I provided:
(2024-03-19, 16:33)Hitcher Wrote: dit the keymap so it does nothing:

@Hitcher Yes, I finally found this info. Thank you :-) Now it works.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip chapter - deactivation possible?0