Kodi video player automatically locks Windows 11
Hi Folks,

Having a very strange, never-before seen glitch on pretty much every Kodi build from Leia all the way to Omega.

Hardware:
Running on Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (latest build: 23H2, build # 22631.3296) with all latest updates installed. Running on a laptop (MSI Prestige 13Evo A13M, with a Core i7-1360P, Iris Xe integrated graphics, and 32GB LPDDR5 SDRAM Quad channel @ 4800 MHz. Outputting video to an external monitor (Epson EX9220 projector) @ 1080p 60Hz, 8-bit depth, RGB color format, Standard Dynamic Range.

Glitch description:
When I'm playing any video, whether a local file or from the web, and the Kodi window is active, either maximized or in full screen, the Windows lock screen appears (i.e. the computer automatically "locks up") after about a couple minutes, but the video keeps playing in the background. It's pretty annoying since I have to constantly unlock the screen with fingerprint/pin/passcode to continue watching.

Things I have tried with no luck:

On the Windows side: I have already tried disabling screensaver and dynamic/auto lock, disabling auto sleep, disabling screen time out, switching off any battery saving mode and switching to full performance mode.

On Kodi settings: I have disabled hardware acceleration (as I have heard some issues with windows 11 hardware acceleration)

Anyone knows what's going on? I have been using Kodi and it's working for me on other Windows 10 laptops and pretty old desktops for years and I've never had this issue
Forgot to mention: the behavior also occurs if Kodi is running in the background while minimized
A first for this one, although I'm running an older win10 system. I'm a little suspicious of the windows lock screen and unlock the screen with fingerprint/pin/passcode to continue watching. Looks like you have already tried most of the obvious triggers. This does seem like a windows issue, more than Kodi especially given that it happens regardless of iteration and doubly doubt a setting within Kodi is responsible, and a user debug log is not going to show much.

Does playing a video with a different stand-alone player like VLC bring the same behaviour?

On the Windows side: did you reboot after the changes?
Yeah it's a really strange glitch that I've never seen before on any Windows OS release. The craziest thing is that I even tried doing a full factory reset, ran the latest Windows updates, rebooted the laptop and then immediately installed Kodi 19.5 (the latest Matrix release, which has been super stable for me on other Windows 10 and Android TV installations)  and the same thing happens. Strangely, when I play a video through a web browser (i.e. Youtube or Netflix, etc. on Google Chrome or Edge) or a local video file (i.e. on VLC media player or the Windows video player app) the screen doesn't lock up. However, I have just noticed (after doing the factory reset) that when I stop using the laptop for a while the lock screen comes up automatically, even though I have disabled screen timeout or any sleep timers, etc. 

I might have to find a way to uninstall Win 11 OEM and install Windows 10 somehow

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi video player automatically locks Windows 110