Could not access add-on repository on Android TV 12
Can't access default Kodi add-on repository. Fresh install of Kodi, no major configurations have been done except regional settings changed. Kodi is running on Android TV 12 that has been recently factory resetted and no configurations have been made to affect networking settings. Kodi running on Windows machine can access the repo and install an add-on from there. Windows machine is running on the same network as the Android TV box running the Kodi that can't access the repo. Also I'm unable to export any logs out of the box. What's wrong?
Have the same here. New shield tv box. Installed kodi from google play. Trying to reinstall backup from old box running kodi but i cant access the kodi repo to download the program.

Keep getting message

Kodi Add-on repository
Could not connect to repository
We need a Debug Log to diagnose the problem.

The more logs from different users, the better so we can track down where the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-29, 09:56)Karellen Wrote: We need a Debug Log to diagnose the problem.

The more logs from different users, the better so we can track down where the problem is.

I would give you a log file but the Kodi doesn't save a log file for me to give. Kodi says that it's saving the log file into a location: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log Trying to access the location through a file explorer app says that there is nothing beyond the "data" folder. Trying to access the location through Kodis own file manager says that "Path is invalid or broken" when I click on the "data" folder.
(2024-03-29, 11:42)ehoeheohe Wrote: I would give you a log file but the Kodi doesn't save a log file for me to give.
Ok. Android....

Maybe you can try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3189806
It's using Windows for the locations, so you need the equivalent program folder in Android
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Log file location is a bit random sometimes in Android, as it very much depends on version, device maker (if they've screwed around with things or not) and various other random stuff.

Some known locations have been:

1. /data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log
  2. /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
  3. /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Alternatively if you are able (if you have a suitable file manager or suchlike available) do a search for the org.xbmc.kodi part of the tree, also remembering that the .kodi folder is hidden due to the dot.

Indeed if you do find it tucked away somewhere else, please let us know where so we can add that location to the known list.

This is sounding overall (the repo access issue) like a mirror problem, which as noted above we need logs to confirm and narrow down.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-03-29, 12:27)DarrenHill Wrote: Log file location is a bit random sometimes in Android, as it very much depends on version, device maker (if they've screwed around with things or not) and various other random stuff.

Some known locations have been:

1. /data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log
  2. /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
  3. /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Alternatively if you are able (if you have a suitable file manager or suchlike available) do a search for the org.xbmc.kodi part of the tree, also remembering that the .kodi folder is hidden due to the dot.

Indeed if you do find it tucked away somewhere else, please let us know where so we can add that location to the known list.

This is sounding overall (the repo access issue) like a mirror problem, which as noted above we need logs to confirm and narrow down.

If is a new installation, the folder is empty.... Can you publish a patch for this problem? in windows, I edit the xml, but in new android installations, the kodi folder is empty.

thanks a lot
We need the logs to identify exactly what/where the problem is to make the patch.

On Android you can perhaps make the same fix as on Windows, but of course it necessitates the availability of a file manager to find the file and a suitable text editor to modify it.
Both of which may be more problematic on Android, especially on a set top box.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
in android, in a new installation, the repository.xbmc.org folder is not created. I can´t change the xml if the folder and the xml file isn´t created.
Looks like an issue might have been identified.
A fix for that is now in place, so it might be worth trying again. I don't know if there will be a delay involved with the fix replicating out to our mirrors etc. so it might take a little while to become available.

Kodi Blog Posts
I have now found out that since Android 11, the "data" and "obb" folders are restricted by default and can be accessed with certain 3rd party file managers. Upcoming Android versions may restrict access to the folders completely so that it may be impossible for us to retrieve the log files generated by Kodi from the Android filesystem. Maybe have the Kodi save the log files somewhere else accessible location, in case the folders may get completely inaccessible.
(2024-03-29, 13:01)DarrenHill Wrote: Looks like an issue might have been identified.
A fix for that is now in place, so it might be worth trying again. I don't know if there will be a delay involved with the fix replicating out to our mirrors etc. so it might take a little while to become available.

It's now working for me on Windows and Android. Thank you Team Kodi!
Logs are accessible from inside kodis file manager. 21+ has It populated already, but for older, you can add special://logpath as a location path in file manager
Hello team.
I faced the same problem yesterday installing kodi 18.9 leia on android.
What has been my solution ? ...
Just ... Wait one little day and the efficient and reactive and very respectable kodi.tv team solved it.
Today everything is back (at least your repo 😉). I dont even had to reinstall or nothing . The link/redirect/mirror? changed solved it, on old kodi 18 too.
Thanks team !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not access add-on repository on Android TV 120