KODI as a DLNA client
What I want/need:
Streaming web pages/content from Windows 10, MS Edge browser  via LAN to Raspian Bullseye, Kodi 18.7 Leia.
Screen: a non-smart tv device, connected via HDMI to the Raspi. 

What works:
I can stream audio, image and video files from Windows Explorer or from apps like Windows Media Player to the Raspi-Kodi and watch it on the tv device. No problems at all.

What doesn't work:
Streaming any screen content  from MS Edge Browser (latest version) to the Raspi-Kodi.
Error message: No streaming client device found.

Maybe, "no device" means that Kodi doesn't present a DLNA client for this sort of streaming content. But I don't know.

Does anybody know for sure whether this setup should work or not? Any other hint?
Get a Chromecast instead.
(2024-03-29, 16:29)rolf4586 Wrote: What I want/need:
Streaming web pages/content from Windows 10, MS Edge browser  via LAN to Raspian Bullseye, Kodi 18.7 Leia.
Screen: a non-smart tv device, connected via HDMI to the Raspi. 

What works:
I can stream audio, image and video files from Windows Explorer or from apps like Windows Media Player to the Raspi-Kodi and watch it on the tv device. No problems at all.

What doesn't work:
Streaming any screen content  from MS Edge Browser (latest version) to the Raspi-Kodi.
Error message: No streaming client device found.

Maybe, "no device" means that Kodi doesn't present a DLNA client for this sort of streaming content. But I don't know.

Does anybody know for sure whether this setup should work or not? Any other hint?

Kodi can be a DLNA / DMS (Digital Media Server) but you need to enable it under Kodi services and share your Kodi library / Media.  Here's a little bit of information on the various DLNA components.  Kodi can be both a DMS and a DMP/DMR by enabling the correct options in the UPnP/DLNA servers settings. 

Additionally Kodi offers a few other media sharing solutions, which can be found here.  These extended the capabilities of Kodi.  I personally run a solution with a DMS and 12+ media clients (audio and video) some Kodi and some not. Clients  hardware ranges from Raspberry Pis, mini-PCs, desktop computers, Roku devices, Android phones and more.   Kodi excels as a client and is OK as a server.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI as a DLNA client0