How would I go about hiding menu items like Video OSD -> Brightness?
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I searched this question in multiple places, but I kept getting information about hiding the home menu items, like Video or Live TV.

What I'd like to do is pick and choose which items appear in menus like OSD -> Video settings -> Brightness or OSD -> Audio settings -> Amplification, e.g.

I'd like to do this because I'm setting it up for my elderly parents, and they're getting confused and overwhelmed by all the options. They do use some of them, so completely hiding the menus in the skin would be overkill, but I can't figure out how to edit the individual menus and would appreciate any advice there.

I've grepped in the C:\Program Files\Kodi and %APPDATA%\Kodi folders for the menu item names, and can't seem to find anywhere they're defined among the XML files etc. Are they hardcoded somewhere in the binaries, or am I just dumb and missing something?

Alternatively, could I add my own OSD menu item and then just include the controls I want in there? (Brightness, Contrast, Volume, Audio Amplification mainly)

Thanks to anyone who can help.
You can't change that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How would I go about hiding menu items like Video OSD -> Brightness?0