DVD ISO's and Library mode
I have a question about what I am seeing in Library Mode for videos. I have a bunch of DVD's ripped, the DVD's are store purchesed for TV series ripped to ISO files and stored on my hard drive like this:

TV Show 1\
DVD 1.iso
DVD 2.iso
DVD 3.iso
TV Show 2\
DVD 1.iso
DVD 2.iso
DVD 3.iso
TV Show 3\...

When I do a scan, it picks up all of the DVDs and such, so that I can browse to them. When I switch to Library mode, it shows all of the shows, but when I select a show and press enter, it doesn't show any of the DVDs, episodes, or anything, just the 2 dots to go back to the previous screen. Is this what I'm supposed to see? I figured I'd see a listing of my DVDs, or the ISO files, or something.

I have about 50 or 60 shows ripped like this, and only one show actually shows something when I select it, and it is the title of the first episode on the first DVD, and selecting it plays the first DVD.
I have a similar setup in that many of my TV shows have the following structure:

Code:
\TV Show 1
    \Disc 1
        \VIDEO_TS
        \AUDIO_TS
    \Disc 2
        \VIDEO_TS
        \AUDIO_TS

And like you the only way I can play them is in file mode. I like to browse in library mode though so I end up switching between modes which is a pain in the a$$.
This has been mentioned a couple of times before,

see:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37026
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36797

But try naming the .iso's like this:

\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever.S01E01-02-03-04.iso
\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever.S01E05-06-07-08.iso
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
travisbell Wrote:I have a similar setup in that many of my TV shows have the following structure:

Code:
\TV Show 1
    \Disc 1
        \VIDEO_TS
        \AUDIO_TS
    \Disc 2
        \VIDEO_TS
        \AUDIO_TS

And like you the only way I can play them is in file mode. I like to browse in library mode though so I end up switching between modes which is a pain in the a$$.

you could always just pack the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS as .iso / .img.. depends ofcourse how many but it goes pretty quick.. maybe you could even find a program that does it in BATCH mode..

When you packed them in iso's you can name them like to said.
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
Thanks for the response. I tried doing a search, but wasn't too sure what to search for. This gives me something to work with. I was actually hoping to pick a show in the Library Mode and have it list the discs (or volumes), instead of the individual episodes. I'll look into doing .nfo files to see if I can pull this off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD ISO's and Library mode0