• 3(current)
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions
Ok, you've had your fun, lets put an end to it now. Thanks.

@zacgates99 It is extremely helpful if the problem is captured in logs, with debug mode enabled, and provided to us. It is the only feasible way we can diagnose the problem.
As you can see, one team member has already tried to replicate your steps, and failed to reproduce the problem.
It is hard to understand why you would have problems grabbing a log in the Roaming folder on a Windows system.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-08, 04:27)Karellen Wrote: Ok, you've had your fun, lets put an end to it now. Thanks.

@zacgates99 It is extremely helpful if the problem is captured in logs, with debug mode enabled, and provided to us. It is the only feasible way we can diagnose the problem.
As you can see, one team member has already tried to replicate your steps, and failed to reproduce the problem.
It is hard to understand why you would have problems grabbing a log in the Roaming folder on a Windows system.

Sent you a PM about it.
@zacgates99 a memory violation should have created a dump file in Kodi's user data folder, could you share it?
Windows 10 here, never had something like that happen. It could have something to do with fancier memory protection in Windows 11+, but could also be a situation in your database that the migration code was not prepared for.
I have to repeat others' statements that a debug log would let us see the steps that ran successfully and where the code got stuck.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-08, 04:54)CrystalP Wrote: @zacgates99 a memory violation should have created a dump file in Kodi's user data folder, could you share it?
Windows 10 here, never had something like that happen. It could have something to do with fancier memory protection in Windows 11+, but could also be a situation in your database that the migration code was not prepared for.
I have to repeat others' statements that a debug log would let us see the steps that ran successfully and where the code got stuck.
You may check with Karellen on why I can't send logs, I sent a PM on it. As for the memory dump, no dump file was created, Kodi just stopped responding.  Like I said in my other post running it as administrator on the install and first run of Kodi, fixed the issue and got by the error.
Exclamation 
Hi everyone. I'm here to describe my problem. I updated from Kodi 20.5 to 21 and the biggest problem I encountered is that it no connects to my database on mariadb on Synology NAS (it works fine on 20.5) I tried both on Android (nvidia sheld tv) and on windows 11 with the same result. this is my log.
https://paste.kodi.tv/xomericuge.kodi
Going back to version 20.5 everything works. thanks for your help

I also tried deleting all non-working or disabled add-ons and this is the new log.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ebuticihuy.kodi
for the database connection nothing has changed. the database "131" has been created, but it is smaller than the previous "121": 32 rows instead of 37 rows; 157.9 MiB instead of 165.2 MiB
what else could I check? Thanks for your suggestions and help
(2024-04-08, 04:05)zacgates99 Wrote: If you have Windows 11, 12 or 11 Beta, you may have gotten what I was getting. 
Windows 11 here and running in portable mode but no problems updating Kodi.
Thank you for the forum.

I have just upgraded to 21 Omega and would like to go back to my 20.4 version till the Confluence skin is ready for the Omega version.

How do I achieve this?
(2024-04-08, 03:52)scott967 Wrote:
(2024-04-08, 03:22)davorf Wrote:
(2024-04-07, 23:54)Hitcher Wrote: Nightly builds are now v22.

Hello!

I understand that now they are v22, but this was almost a month ago, before v21 was officially released.

Is there a way to install v21 release without uninstalling nightly, and losing library and all the customisations I've made in the process?

Best regards,
Davor
At this point there aren't many changes to v22.  Just install v21.0 on top of your nightly and you should be OK.  If on windows, install v21.0 to a new folder and run in portable mode using the -p switch on a desktop shortcut.  Run Kodi using the shortcut and exit.  Then copy everything from the nightly that's in your kodi appdata\roaming\kodi to the "portable_data" subfolder in the "Kodi" folder you just created and you should have Kodi 21.0 running with all your data from the nightly, but neither interfering with each other.

scott s.

Hello!

That's what I've tried to do (installing on top of March Omega nightly) but it just says app not installed - I guess it doesn't want to install "older" version over "newer" one, even though official release is actually newer than nightly I have installed, but version numbers don't follow that logic. I'm using Kodi on Amazon Fire cube 3rd gen (Android), not Windows.

Best regards,
Davor
Hello, I created an account specifically to describe my problem. Yesterday I updated Kodi to version 21 on the first generation Mi Box 4K device, the problem is that when I don't use Kodi for some time, it seems like it hangs, the ball spins, when I press the back button on the remote control, the ball disappears, everything starts again. work but I have no sound, I have to restart Kodi and then everything works until I exit the application and leave it running in the background and start announcing something on the application, for example YouTube, and then upload it to Kodi, it doesn't work.
Hitcher ' Wrote: Windows 11 here and running in portable mode but no problems updating Kodi.
Home, plus, Business, Enterprise , Beta, or other edition?

I am on the the Enterprise edition. Basically it has more networking and security features that the plus and home edition does not. Including 20/20 which is active on the machines.
Windows 11 Pro 23H2.
(2024-04-08, 13:10)martairafal Wrote: Hello, I created an account specifically to describe my problem. Yesterday I updated Kodi to version 21 on the first generation Mi Box 4K device, the problem is that when I don't use Kodi for some time, it seems like it hangs, the ball spins, when I press the back button on the remote control, the ball disappears, everything starts again. work but I have no sound, I have to restart Kodi and then everything works until I exit the application and leave it running in the background and start announcing something on the application, for example YouTube, and then upload it to Kodi, it doesn't work.
Without a full debug log there's not we can do to help.
(2024-04-08, 11:00)Dileepk Wrote: I have just upgraded to 21 Omega and would like to go back to my 20.4 version till the Confluence skin is ready for the Omega version.

How do I achieve this?
Install 20.4.
@zacgates99 can you provide a screenshot / show what your "memory violation access out of bounds error" looks like?
Since there is no dump file created automatically, you can force-create one through Task Manager, right-click on Kodi, create dump file (https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/12401)
That will tell us what the app was doing when it froze.
From your problem description it's a local sqlite database, correct?

Your way#1 and way#2 seem to be different problems because #2 has no data migration.
For #2 can you figure out if the skin change is sufficient to cause the hang? We need a minimum reproduction case.
Easiest is to install Kodi to a separate directory and run in portable mode with -p command line parameter, don't add movies, don't configure anything, just change the skin.
If that works fine, then add configurations / movies little by little and try again until you find the culprit.
Delete the portable_data directory to start from scratch,

FYI kodi,log is a text file that you can inspect if you're worried about the contents. With a portable install as above, there won't be any trace from your normal install.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
@keyoflife, there is a clear error in the log but some details are missing because it's not a debug log. Please turn on debug log with v20.5 and try migration to v21 again.

Code:
2024-04-06 18:22:00.211 T:2672     info <general>: Attempting to update the database MyVideos131 from version 121 to 131
2024-04-06 18:22:00.691 T:2672    error <general>: SQL: [MyVideos131] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1050)
                                                   Query: CREATE TABLE videoversiontype (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY auto_increment , name TEXT, owner INTEGER) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

2024-04-06 18:22:00.691 T:2672    error <general>: Exception updating database MyVideos131 from version 121 to 131
2024-04-06 18:22:00.691 T:2672    error <general>: Error updating database MyVideos131 from version 121 to 131

To start over, delete the MyVideos131 database.
Error 1050 means "table already exists".

You have a couple doubtful addons installed, please remove for continued support (Rockcrusher, Rockclean).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions0