Problem scanning TV double episodes
After switching from v20.5 to v21.0 when updating my TV library I've been unable to get any double episodes to scan properly. I use nfo files and they haven't changed but with v21 they aren't being recognised. I'm using the file name format S01E01E02 which worked well previously. Has the file naming format changed or is this a bug?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
It works fine for me.
Can you provide a Debug Log which captures the scanning.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
After trying many different ways I was finally able to get them added. I scanned my usual 'local info only' way and the episodes were indexed but with no information found. After enabling the TMDB scraper I went into the empty info screen for one of the episodes and reloaded it. At which point the option to ignore local info and scrape from the web was presented. I picked the info from the web and that successfully updated the information. It seems it just didn't like my nfo files for those particular episodes, just 3 episodes out of 334 for that show.
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
@Karellen

Just as an aside, something that's stumped me for years now, is there a way to NOT have the main series actors automatically added to each episode? Short of removing then from the main tv show nfo? In the case of a long running show the main cast undergoes changes over the years resulting in a whole bunch of of people, some of whom are totally irrelevant for that episode, being tacked on to each episode. I have asked a few people but nobody seems to have figured this one out.
(2024-04-10, 09:42)Juan Mortyme Wrote: is there a way to NOT have the main series actors automatically added to each episode?
Unfortunately not.
Without checking, I think that is the way the scraper sites provide the data. The main actors are appended to the episode actors.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-10, 10:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 09:42)Juan Mortyme Wrote: is there a way to NOT have the main series actors automatically added to each episode?
Unfortunately not.
Without checking, I think that is the way the scraper sites provide the data. The main actors are appended to the episode actors.
@Karellen
I think it depends on the source. I scrape with an external program that has the option to include series actors in episodes or not. Different sources work various ways. For example, when sourcing from IMDB the site will automatically provide all the actors (both main cast and guests) in an episode on a per episode basis. In the case of IMDB, selecting not to add series cast to episodes works best with episode.nfo ending up with a complete list of actors in the episode without redundancy or extraneous additions. That is, in my mind, the ideal result. However, Kodi then goes ahead and messes it up by auto adding actor from the main tvshow.nfo. To defeat that I have to clear the actors from the tvshow.nfo. This method produces perfect episode info being displayed but the blank series info screen sans actors looks a bit empty. TVDB and TMDB serve up their actor lists differently. In any event, I've found a way to make it work but a switch to add main series to episodes would be handy, something similar to the 'show all artists' in music and music videos.
(2024-04-10, 14:15)Juan Mortyme Wrote: I've found a way to make it work but a switch to add main series to episodes would be handy, something similar to the 'show all artists' in music and music videos.
Make a post in the Feature Request forum.
My Signature
(2024-04-10, 20:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 14:15)Juan Mortyme Wrote: I've found a way to make it work but a switch to add main series to episodes would be handy, something similar to the 'show all artists' in music and music videos.
Make a post in the Feature Request forum.

@Karellen
Done! Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem scanning TV double episodes0