Bug Kodi v21 Xbox Crash While Usiing Official iOS Remote App
Bug 
When using the official iOS kodi remote with Kodi on Xbox I get a crash when attempting to use the remote to get access to the Kodi settings.  When using the iOS app in order to trigger the crash I simply navigate to the settings pane and tap on the ...more button.  This is how you can view the individual settings available on Kodi within the iOS app. This immediately crashes Kodi on my Xbox and I get the following error on the iOS app -

I created a log from my Xbox but reality is I cannot start logging and trigger the event and upload that log since Kodi itself crashes.  If there is some other way to upload the log while it crashes I will be happy to provide that log.  Here is the log  I was able to upload (without triggering the error).

I already reported the issue in the iOS remote app thread. The developer asked me to report the issue in the Xbox thread as it seems to be Xbox only.  When testing the same thing on my Windows 10 box there is no crash.

Edit: I’m using an Xbox One S. This is a new problem with v21. Using v20.5 and earlier did not crash when performing this activity.

Edit 2: I realized there is a way to upload the old kodi log.  With this the error message is revealed at the bottom of this log.

Seems to be related to this message:

2024-04-14 20:28:43.901 T:7572 debug <CWebserver[8080]>: request received for /jsonrpc
2024-04-14 20:28:43.901 T:7940 error <general>: CActiveAESink::OutputSamples - sink returned error
JSON command triggering the issue:
JSON:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.GetSections","params":{"level":"expert"}, "id":2}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v21 Xbox Crash While Usiing Official iOS Remote App0