No sound in kodi 21
Hello,

Since last upgrade, i'm unable to have any sound. In the sound parameters, i have only one choice: Default, Default Output Device (PIPEWIRE). I don't know wtf pipewire is nor why pulseaudio is gone, except that it seems not working on my system.

I checked in the flatpak autorization and pipewire is enabled so the problem may be elsewhere.

How to make pipewire work (or, if possible, get pulseaudio back) ?
Desktop PC x86_64
Kubuntu 23.10
Kodi 21 (flatpak) 20.2 (apt)
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
Same exact issue on Ubuntu 22.04.04 LTS after recently flatpak received about 5 minutes ago. I launch it and NO AUDIO AT ALL. How i need to do ? Have you fix this issue ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
The problem is that Ubuntu is running PipeWire but isn't using it for audio. Run Kodi as such to force usage of PulseAudio: flatpak run tv.kodi.Kodi --audio-backend=pulseaudio
(2024-04-16, 23:44)Neo1973 Wrote: The problem is that Ubuntu is running PipeWire but isn't using it for audio. Run Kodi as such to force usage of PulseAudio: flatpak run tv.kodi.Kodi --audio-backend=pulseaudio

mmmmmmm.... i can change it and set this as default ?

*EDIT*
You thinks i can try to this ?

Code:
diabolik@NUC-Ubuntu:~$ flatpak override --help-all
Usage:
  flatpak override [OPTION…] [APP] - Override settings [for application]

Help Options:
  -h, --help                              Show help options
  --help-all                              Show all help options

Application Options:
  --user                                  Work on the user installation
  --system                                Work on the system-wide installation (default)
  --installation=NAME                     Work on a non-default system-wide installation
  --reset                                 Remove existing overrides
  --show                                  Show existing overrides
  -v, --verbose                           Show debug information, -vv for more detail
  --ostree-verbose                        Show OSTree debug information
  --share=SHARE                           Share with host
  --unshare=SHARE                         Unshare with host
  --socket=SOCKET                         Expose socket to app
  --nosocket=SOCKET                       Don't expose socket to app
  --device=DEVICE                         Expose device to app
  --nodevice=DEVICE                       Don't expose device to app
  --allow=FEATURE                         Allow feature
  --disallow=FEATURE                      Don't allow feature
  --filesystem=FILESYSTEM[:ro]            Expose filesystem to app (:ro for read-only)
  --nofilesystem=FILESYSTEM               Don't expose filesystem to app
  --env=VAR=VALUE                         Set environment variable
  --env-fd=FD                             Read environment variables in env -0 format from FD
  --unset-env=VAR                         Remove variable from environment
  --own-name=DBUS_NAME                    Allow app to own name on the session bus
  --talk-name=DBUS_NAME                   Allow app to talk to name on the session bus
  --no-talk-name=DBUS_NAME                Don't allow app to talk to name on the session bus
  --system-own-name=DBUS_NAME             Allow app to own name on the system bus
  --system-talk-name=DBUS_NAME            Allow app to talk to name on the system bus
  --system-no-talk-name=DBUS_NAME         Don't allow app to talk to name on the system bus
  --add-policy=SUBSYSTEM.KEY=VALUE        Add generic policy option
  --remove-policy=SUBSYSTEM.KEY=VALUE     Remove generic policy option
  --persist=FILENAME                      Persist home directory subpath

*EDIT 2*
No.. it's not work...
Code:
diabolik@NUC-Ubuntu:~$ flatpak override --audio-backend=pulseaudio tv.kodi.Kodi
error: Unknown option --audio-backend=pulseaudio
diabolik@NUC-Ubuntu:~$

*EDIT 3*
Also tryed to modify the default kodi.desktop icon:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Kodi
GenericName=Media Center
GenericName[zh_CN]=媒体中心
Comment=Manage and view your media
Comment[ru]=Просмотр и управление мультимедиа
Comment[zh_CN]=管理和查看您的媒体
Exec=/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --audio-backend=pulseaudio --command=kodi tv.kodi.Kodi
Icon=tv.kodi.Kodi
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=AudioVideo;Video;Player;TV;
Actions=Fullscreen;Standalone;
X-Flatpak-RenamedFrom=kodi.desktop;
X-Flatpak=tv.kodi.Kodi

[Desktop Action Fullscreen]
Name=Open in fullscreen
Name[zh_CN]=全屏打开
Exec=/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --audio-backend=pulseaudio --command=kodi tv.kodi.Kodi -fs

[Desktop Action Standalone]
Name=Open in standalone mode
Name[zh_CN]=在独立模式下打开
Exec=/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --audio-backend=pulseaudio --command=kodi tv.kodi.Kodi --standalone
And also here it's not works.... DAMN.
To persist it you have to go through the ENV variable like this: flatpak override --user --env=KODI_AE_SINK=PULSE tv.kodi.Kodi
(2024-04-17, 01:33)Neo1973 Wrote: To persist it you have to go through the ENV variable like this: flatpak override --user --env=KODI_AE_SINK=PULSE tv.kodi.Kodi

Damn good solution but after a few attempts I had found a workaround:
The original tv.kodi.Kodi.desktop is "hidden" in a real long path. After i found it instead to modify by "sudo" i have copied this file to my home folder here:
/home/diabolik/.local/share/applications/ (in my case... as short path it's ~/.local/share/etc etc.)

Apparently all .desktop in this path have precedence over others.. so i have change the Exec= line here and it's work.

the problem is that if the original file changes in any way, I then have to adapt this one I just created.
@Neo1973

Yesterday received the newest build of kodi 21 flatpak and again obtain NO AUDIO at all.

This time i will have tryed to copy the original .desktop it's located here:
/var/lib/flatpak/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/x86_64/stable/54a88d5dd9f7f477144a2ab9aeee4e161eae88326cc36a67c024f0f435e3d256/export/share/applications/:

I have copy this .desktop on ~/.local/share/application and made the modification to add the 
--audio-backend=pulseaudio:
but it's not works.

So if i set the ENV i can revert if need ? Or you can suggest another way ?

*EDIT*
For knowledge... it's exist a flatpak command line to watch the current override setting you applied ? and reset if exist someone ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in kodi 210