RTSP on Windows XP: avformat returns error -5
When playing a RTSP stream on Windows XP, libavformat seems to return error -5, aka AVERROR_IO (I got that error number from my own debug addition to the source code, which adds the return value from m_dllAvFormat.av_open_input_file).

This was in 2006 required, because ffmpeg didn't support RTSP on Windows back then. Strangely, on a Vista machine, exactly the same binary correctly plays the stream?
Another thing I noticed is that the TCP handshake does not work correctly: XBMC sends the server a SYN, the server sends a SYN+ACK, and then the client returns a RST -- which should be an ACK + more transfers. VLC for example correctly plays the RTSP stream, and my Vista machine does that too. Sad
we use ffmpeg for rtsp so you need to take this to them. before you do so make sure it fails with ffplay as well
Hi, this problem does not seem to occur with ffplay (September 6th build) -- it correctly opens the RTSP stream and reads from it according to Wireshark.
rite. then its our issue. please open a trac ticket (linking here / quoting your discoveries)
Ticket created: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4966
Probably has something to do with our ffmpeg being some 2300 revisions behind. An update is planned after atlantis.
This even occurs with the latest ffmpeg DLL files (compiled myself using the build_xbmc_win32.sh, and resolved some missing exports), which is pretty strange.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RTSP on Windows XP: avformat returns error -50