Help keymap editor, shield
Hello. I have been trying to find the correct way to change something in keymap editor. But cant find it.

When playing a video, and you bring up this menu where u see pause, stop, subtitles etc:

https://kodi.wiki/view/File:Video_Playback_OSD_01.jpg

Where do i find the correct keymap to change the fast forward/rewing button on the shield-remote? (Because obviously when i click those buttons, the video fastforward 2x/4x depending how many time u click it)

(I have already used keymap to change those rewind-buttons when that menu is hidden/the video is fullscreen.)

Best regard
The keymap can't change the function of controls in the UI; for that you'll need to edit the VideoOSD.xml.
(2024-04-19, 00:05)Hitcher Wrote: The keymap can't change the function of controls in the UI; for that you'll need to edit the VideoOSD.xml.

Thank you, just want to make sure u didnt missunderstand me now. I now tried to put everything that had "seek" in VideoOSD.xml into comments (<!-- -->).

Sure, the buttons for fast forward and rewind disappeared on the UI, but when i click on the shield-remotes fast-forward-button it will still fast forward.

Are you sure u didnt missunderstand me and i wont find it anywhere in keymap?

In keymap>Fullscreen video>, i could change the shield-remotes buttons for when the video is fullscreen.

But as soon as the UI for play/stop/etc shows up, it doesnt use the keymap>fullscreen video anymore. It must be using something else in keymap.

Or Did you understand me correctly maybe? If so, im kinda lost what to change in VideoOSD.xml.

Best regard
Yes, I thought you'd changed the keymap but then wanted to change the OSD button functions.

To change the keymap for when the OSD is visible:

aml:
<VideoOSD>
<remote>
<menu>Back</menu>
<contentsmenu>Back</contentsmenu>
<rootmenu>Back</rootmenu>
<start>Back</start>
</remote>
</VideoOSD>
(2024-04-21, 10:26)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, I thought you'd changed the keymap but then wanted to change the OSD button functions.

To change the keymap for when the OSD is visible:

aml:
<VideoOSD>
<remote>
<menu>Back</menu>
<contentsmenu>Back</contentsmenu>
<rootmenu>Back</rootmenu>
<start>Back</start>
</remote>
</VideoOSD>

Sorry for my incompitens. But where do i put that code? I would like to change the fast forward and rewind-button on the remote to "Pause" when the play/stop/etc-buttons are visible in a video.

I tried keymap>video OSD settings, but it didnt work

Best regard
You might have the gen.xml that the Keymap Editor creates in your userdata/keymaps folder.

I have to ask - why not just use the Play/Pause button when the OSD is open?
(2024-04-21, 13:37)Hitcher Wrote: You might have the gen.xml that the Keymap Editor creates in your userdata/keymaps folder.

I have to ask - why not just use the Play/Pause button when the OSD is open?

I will take a look soon. But im guessing your code was just an example-code. Where do i find out the exact code to make it do how i want it?

Its for the missclicks i make sometimes. Its just annoying to have that function then hehe

Best regard
https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help keymap editor, shield0